Job description / Role
Executive Assistant to VP, Saudi Arabia
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
First point of contact for the Vice President, Saudi Arabia. Pro-actively analyses and performs complex and diverse administrative tasks that are closely related to the role and responsibilities of VP. Daily activities may include interaction with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, judgment & confidentiality.
In addition to supporting the VP, this role would require providing functional assistance to a few functions that include – HR, Finance, Regulatory Affairs and Legal.
MAIN JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses problem solving techniques, tact and discretion when handling telephone calls, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings and managing other requests for information.
- Welcoming and looking after visitors;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post addressed to the VP;
- Organizing and maintaining diary and making appointments for the VP and leadership team.
- Manage budget monitoring, analyze and signal anomalies, handling expenses;
- Dealing with correspondence and writing letters and taking dictation and minutes; · Types and proofreads correspondence, reports, and forms; corrects grammar and formatting errors; drafts brief correspondence of a routine nature.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings into subjects the VP is dealing with;
- Organizing and attending meetings, and ensuring the VP is well-prepared for meetings; this may include overall arrangement and scheduling of meetings, preparing agenda, catering menus, room and equipment set up.
- Anticipation and pre-planning where necessary. Spontaneous adjustments to travel, meetings or other requirements of the VP.
- Devising and maintaining office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow;
- Arranging travel and accommodation for VP & team and travelling with the VP to provide general assistance during presentations and organization of meetings & events.
- Attend & be involved in organization of conferences eg: Arab Health.
- Organizing large-scale meetings/events which the CEO and or members of the Executive Committee are invited to.
- Work closely with other Executive Assistants across the globe including the US, Europe liaising and collaborating on projects as and when required.
- Maintain and record personal records and documents to include but not limited to visa applications, travel document preparation etc.
- Functional assistance would include but not limited to
- Maintaining documents and file management
- Preparing letters as needed by the business
- Organizing small scale events
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of executive administrative management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong yet non-intimidating presence.
- Knowledge of Executive level Office Management;
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail, ability to plan and prioritize;
- The ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work flexible hours to meet deadlines; attend to personal adhoc requirements for the VP.
- An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
- Honesty and reliability;
- Proficient in MS office in particular Word, Excel, Publisher.
- Analytical skills
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- Travel Required:
Could have up to 20% travel.
About the Company
Medtronic is the global leader in medical technology - alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world.
Medtronic's mission is:
To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
To direct our growth in the areas of biomedical engineering where we display maximum strength and ability; to gather people and facilities that tend to augment these areas; to continuously build on these areas through education and knowledge assimilation; to avoid participation in areas where we cannot make unique and worthy contributions.
To strive without reserve for the greatest possible reliability and quality in our products; to be the unsurpassed standard of comparison and to be recognized as a company of dedication, honesty, integrity, and service.
To make a fair profit on current operations to meet our obligations, sustain our growth, and reach our goals.
To recognize the personal worth of employees by providing an employment framework that allows personal satisfaction in work accomplished, security, advancement opportunity, and means to share in the company's success.
To maintain good citizenship as a company.