Job description / Role
Why work for Accor?
At Accor we believe that learning is a way of life. Our world-class learning organisation, known as 'Accor Academy ', forms part of an eco-system of regional learning hubs across the globe. We are learning experts that partner with the business to ensure that Heartist everywhere have access to continuous learning and development opportunities that both drive performance and build capability. We provide a variety of learning solutions, leadership development and pre-opening support to hotels and business units across the Middle East, Africa and Turkey hub, our valued and talented colleagues who place the heart at the centre of everything they do.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
At the Novotel Riyadh Al Olaya, the passion and talent of our Culinary team ensures our guests enjoy truly memorable experiences whenever they dine at one of our outlets. As the Executive Chef, your expertise and dedication will allow you to effectively lead our culinary team so we can continue to provide guests with the finest cuisine. Your vision and skills demonstrated in this role will also help to nurture the passion of our Heartists and your leadership team, developing the next generation of Culinarians through mentorship. This is your opportunity to work in and lead a Kitchen committed to preparing and serving the finest meals.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Ensure the finest quality and value of food products is available and presented to guests in all areas of the hotel
- Provides the guest with flawless, proactive and sincere luxury services from an engaged and empowered workforce committed to creating a memorable experience
- A visionary with passion for culinary and industry trends; a key driver for ensuring ongoing concept development to ensure our offerings are that of market leaders
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of consistency in delivering food product quality, competitive food costs and ensuring the Food & Beverage direction aligns with the hotels vision and the brand vision for F&B
- Maintains and grows the regional Culinary Apprenticeship program, and maintain the coaching and learning opportunities. Is committed to developing internal talent
- Leads management team and colleagues by example and ensures the working environment is based upon trust, integrity and open communication. Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Focus on sustainability by sourcing local products through the development of relationships with local farmers and vendors to ensure high quality products are utilized in keeping with the vision for an authentically local approach to our venues
- Leads the preparation of menus suitable to each area of food & beverage, focusing on quality, creativity, presentation, guest expectations and trends
- Controls culinary and stewarding colleague's productivity/payroll within established criteria based on annual budgeted figures
- Controls all food inventories while maintaining food cost which has been forecasted within the budgeted guidelines. Manages recipe costs through the use of and application of menu engineering principles in all areas of the operation
- Develop & oversee comprehensive action plans based on results from the employee engagement survey
- Develop relationships outside the hotel with culinary institutions and Tourism partners to grow destination awareness in F&B
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order and is properly maintained and utilized
- Available and motivated by media opportunities to assist in showcasing food & beverage and other hotel products and services
- Participates in budgeting, capital planning and all food and beverage planning
- Establishes and monitors effective goals and measurements for the culinary team; exceeding expectations of all four pillars (colleagues, owners, guests and brand)
- Develop training programs will all kitchen employees
- Involved and active within hotel committees; plays an integral role in strategic sustainability planning; ensures environmental initiatives are adhered to, and new and innovative environmental opportunities are implemented
- Promotes health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and co-workers by having in-depth knowledge of the Hotel's crisis and emergency procedures; responsible for crisis management planning & execution within the Food & Beverage division; member of hotel crisis management team; understands and implements the corporate crisis communication procedures within the F&B division
- Committed to sustainability and zero single use plastic initiatives
- Adhere to and follow ALLSAFE health and safety protocols, ensure all colleagues are trained and held accountable for the set standard
- Place work orders for items needing repair
- Other duties as assigned
What is in it for you:
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/ rooms
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 5+ years' experience within all areas of culinary field including; previous experience as an Executive Chef in a well-established international environment
- Diploma/Degree in Hospitality or Culinary Management is required
- Proven track record as an administrator, trainer and developer, and a team player with strong communication and organizational skills with all departments
- Proven abilities in attaining targets in all key measurements relating to financials, guest satisfaction, colleague engagement and standards compliance
- Demonstrated ability to build a strong team through recruitment, development and organization
- Strong leadership ability with specific strengths in quality production and innovative style
- Proven ability to achieve fiscal targets through implementation of inventory control logistics
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all time.
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale hotel
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.