Job description / Role
The Executive Director, Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is accountable for the successful delivery of all projects within this US$9Bn development. This individual will be responsible for the supervision of a large number of high value multi disciplinary projects and there project management teams. This individual will coordinate the planning, execution, and delivery of projects on time, within budget, and in accordance to specifications. To achieve these goals, the Executive Director, EPMO will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, and provide ongoing guidance, updates and support to the CEO and the board of directors.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead and coordinate programs consisting of multiple projects within business-critical areas to provide unified oversight and transparency to the CEO and the board of directors.
• Manage all logistical and organizational aspects of leading programs and projects. including facilitating ongoing updates/high level reports to the CEO and the board of directors.
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of programs and projects from initiation through implementation with all involved teams
• Create and maintain overall program and project plans for each major initiative
• Maintain staffing within the agreed model and as the work funnel dictates
• Maintain budgeting and forecasting
• Lead all task planning: project estimation, prioritization, schedule development
• Lead the resource strategy: resource availability and allocation, resource management, skills matrix and identification of gaps, project roles and responsibilities
• Steward stakeholder reporting: project status, scope changes, project overview and milestones
• Manage risks and issues: assessment, logging, monitoring
• Lead change management plan development, testing and communications with the support of Corporate Communications and Human Resources
• Ensure milestones are tracked and completed
• Perform analysis on overall project performance (e.g.: change requests, defects, post-implementation defects, etc.) to implement continuous improvement
• Work with other teams to assess inter-dependencies of initiatives and potential gaps in plans and/or conflicts in resources – ensure all plans reflect dependencies
• Apply the appropriate level of program and project management best practices, processes, and policy aligned to the enterprise and Information Services strategic objectives and goals
• Develop and continuously evolve the project and program templates and tools
• Utilize effective project management practices to ensure delivery for all projects and programs
• Through regular checks, ensure adherence by all project teams to program methodology and standards and governance processes
• Support necessary compliance activities (applicable legislative and regulatory compliance, internal and external audits, and compliance reporting)
• Provide effective metrics to measure overall performance and efficiency of PMO resources, processes and operations
• University degree in, business or a related discipline
• 12+ years of experience in project management and/or portfolio management
• Experience working on Mega Projects and Multi Million Dollar developments
• Proven experience in successfully leading a PMO with multiple high value projects.
• Experience in reporting directly to the CEO and Board of Directors
• In-depth understanding of the Project Management discipline
• Good understanding of the Business Analysis discipline
• Experience setting up and managing a Project Management Office
• Strong management and planning skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with business partners, vendors and IT teams to achieve results
• Relevant industry-related certifications are considered an asset (e.g. PMP, Prince2, Agile).
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence and effectively negotiate with stakeholders.
About the Company
Command MENA has been successfully partnering with clients and candidates since 2005. We have worked on human resources & talent acquisition assignments for clients throughout the Asia Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
During this period of time we have successfully sourced highly skilled and multilingual talents both locally and from around the globe.
As a company we take a consultative approach to meeting your human resources & talent management requirements. Taking the time to understand your needs, we think laterally to isolate candidates\' critical skills. We have proven understanding of the dynamics of various markets and we bring a fresh perspective to your challenges in sourcing creative staff.
Our team of consultants specialise in a variety of sectors and take real pride in their work. We work in a number of specialist sectors; succesfully delivering human resources campaigns to Fortune 1000 & major international companies through to smaller boutique & specialist companies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
General Manager - Facilities Management Service Provider
Big Fish Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||24 Jul|
KEO International Consultants
Director - Consultancy / BFSI
|Saudi Arabia||12 Jul|