Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Valuations Executive you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuations network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
Strategy & Transactions (SaT) is recruiting for a Valuations Executive to assist our clients in addressing their strategic planning, regulatory compliance, financial reporting and fair market value documentation needs. You'll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
As a Valuations Executive, you'll make technical contributions to valuation client engagements and internal projects. You'll gain a thorough understanding of the target business and its market, and of clients' issues, performing research and analysis of the target's industry and of quoted companies operating in that sector. You'll deal with day-to-day queries raised by clients and will attend internal and external meetings relating to the assignment.
- You'll perform valuation calculations and analyses, as well as being involved in drafting presentations and reports, formulating views on value, presenting conclusions to the rest of the team and contributing to the presentations of our work and findings to the client.
Skills and attributes for success
- Individuals who will strive to deliver valuations on time and within budget will do well in this environment.
- You will also be required to take ownership of your career by obtaining regular feedback on a timely basis and keeping alert to learning and development opportunities.
- You'll actively establish and develop external and internal relationships, helping to create a positive learning culture within the team.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 3 years of related business valuation work experience
- Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch.
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
Ideally you'll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
- Time spent working in a consulting environment
- Financial modelling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA;
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region