Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
With offices in 152 countries and almost 328,000 people, we are among the leading professional services networks in the world. We help organisations and individuals create the value they are looking for, by delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 7,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team with its tailored solutions, brings international experience, helping our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes over 2,300 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network that is operating worldwide. PwC Middle East's Assurance practice combines the right mix of human-led and tech powered solutions to provide our clients with quality audits and other risk services that create confidence and impact in our region and across society.
What is expected from you?
As an Audit Manager, you will be in charge of an iconic client portfolio and you will be responsible for managing the full cycle of your audit assignments. You will be working as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive Auditing experience. Your job duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assisting proactively in the management of a portfolio of client, where you will be responsible for the day-to-day management client liaison and technical issues management
- Being responsible for business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients along with building and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Developing strategies to solve complex technical challenges and contribute to the development of your own and your team's technical acumen
- Assisting in the management and delivering of large projects, ensuring that key deadlines are met
- Acting in charge of designing the audit strategy and managing the audit execution in allignment with the engagement leader guidance. You will advise clients on financial reporting and regulatory developments, as well as staying up to date with the regulatory changes by attending internal and external seminars
- Managing client relations with senior management, including delivering presentations to the board of directors and audit committees
- Ensuring you are adhering to compliance with the risk, quality and independence matters.
- Keeping up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Being responsible for the coaching, mentoring and development of team members reporting to you while caring about their well-being
- Encouraging involvement in digital initiatives and the use of audit transformation technologies, as well as the use of alternative delivery models, in order to ensure compliance with our firm's vision and ensure a more robust audit
- Taking part of the recruitment process for interviewing and selecting the most competent candidates as per PwC hiring standards
What will you bring?
You are ambitious and get use of opportunities to grow and develop. In addition, you recognise yourself in the following characteristics:
- A degree in accounting, finance or other related academic major
- Minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience in external financial audit in one of the big 4
- Completed a recognised professional qualifications such as ACCA, CA, ACA, CPA
- Experience working with diverse industries is considered an asset
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment
- Bilingual proficiency in Arabic and English (oral and written) is a plus
- Strong project management skills and experience managing an audit from planning to completion
- Confidence in challenging yourself and others to complete high quality testing and documentation
- Ability to establish and nurture positive relationships across all levels - both internally and externally
- Driving innovative thinking and supports others through change and uncertainty to overcome hurdles
- Experience encouraging a team environment that promotes collaboration and constructive challenge and has demonstrated the ability to act quickly to resolve team issues and questions
- Taking pride in your work and in the Audit profession, showing resilience and demonstrating dedication to self-development including being agile and innovative in the digital world
- Promoting and encouraging others to value difference when working in diverse teams
- Knowledge in any Audit technologies, and experience using Data Analytics tools is a plus
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that help us deliver our business strategy - that make up " The PwC Professional ".
The PwC Professional framework plays a significant role in outlining the capabilities needed by our people to flourish, learn and develop together as leaders at every level. The framework exists to support the development and career progression of our people, helping them to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today's changing global marketplace.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.