Job description / Role
- To ensure that the outlet is managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
- To ensure that all operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the Departmental Operations Manual.
- To assign responsibilities to subordinates and to check their performance periodically.
- To be on the floor at all times.
- To assist in the operations during busy periods.
- To ensure that the par stocks for all operating equipment and supplies are strictly adhered to and that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- To assist in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies.
- To assist in controlling the requisitioning, storage and careful use of all operating equipment and supplies
- To attend Daily Operations Meeting in the absence of the Outlet Manager or Assistant Outlet Manager
- To attend all meetings as required by Executive Management.
- To ensure that the outlet is kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house.
- To liaise and organize with Housekeeping and Stewarding Departments that the established cleaning schedules are strictly adhered to.
- To conduct daily pre-shift briefings to employees on preparation, service and menu.
- To liaise with the Kitchen and Beverage department on daily operation and quality.
- To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
- To establish a rapport with guests maintaining good customer relationship.
- To ensure that the outlet cashiering procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To assist in the revision and updating of the outlet Departmental Operations Manual on an as needed basis.
- To assist in the formulation of the Annual Marketing Plan to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the compilation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To assist in planning and organizing festive food promotions within the outlet manager.
- To maintain the Daily Log Book.
- To assist in planning the outlet weekly roster and work schedules to ensure that the outlet is adequately staffed to handle the level of business.
- To maintain the outlet bulletin board.
- To submit all guest/employee incident reports.
- To report "lost and found" items.
- To issue repair and maintenance job orders to ensure the proper maintenance of the outlet.
- To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with employees in the outlet and all other departments.
- To undertake any reasonable tasks as assigned by the Food and Beverage Department.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills
- To perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To conduct and/or contribute to regular departmental Communications Meetings.
- To attend training and meetings as and when required.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets submitted on time.
- Terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company/hotel policies and procedures.
- To liaise and inform Food and Beverage Department and Human Resources Department of all training sessions.
- To identify and develop young talents within the organization for future potential growth within the group
- To carry out monthly, quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development. Ensure you encourage them to maintain good relationships with their colleagues and all other departments.
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and name tag at all times and to ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To ensure that all employees provide a friendly, courteous and professional service at all times.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To ensure that you and all the employees read the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manuals.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel and sharing your plan of action with your supervisor.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- To ensure rosters are posted and timesheets submitted on time.
- To ensure that all employees are treated fairly and consistently as outlined in their terms and conditions of employment, local legislation, and company / hotel policies and procedures.
- 28-35 Years Old
- 2-3 years as Restaurant Captain in a reputable hotel.
- (Vocational Training Certificate) or similar standard in hotel/food & beverage studies. Varies from brand to brand.
- Significant experience in the food & beverage industry, especially in dining room service
- Must be Very Good in English, Arabic & a third language would be an advantage
- Using the Windows environment
- Sales ability
- Ability to listen: detecting and anticipating needs.
- Good Health Condition.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.