Facilities Project Manager
Red Sea Global (RSG)
Job description / Role
To support TRSDC by project managing a diverse workstream including Distribution Centres, warehouses & cross-docking facilities, logistics infrastructure and Shared Facilities through the project procurement, design development and construction stages. To assist in coordination and interfacing with other Group departments and stakeholders and to provide technical oversight and support in the day to day management, supervision, reporting and engagement with third-party consultants, contractors and stakeholders.
The Incumbent will be part of a team that will be responsible for managing distinct packages of work through the design development, procurement and construction stages. As part of the role, the Incumbent will be expected to:
• Collaborate and coordinate with other Group departments, including Operations and Delivery, to ensure accurate scope definition and procurement documentation
• Oversee the procurement process for different and distinct packages of work and under different procurement methods
• Report on programme, budget, change and risk for all projects under their remit and develop mitigation plans where the project is not in line with target objectives
• Provide technical oversight during the design development stage
• Monitor and continuously report on the construction stage and oversee supervision consultants and testing and commissioning phases
• Monitor Quality, Health and Safety, Security and Environmental performance and highlight any non-compliance
• Contribute to overall departmental KPIs and objectives
• Coordinate with other Group departments to manage all interfaces and approvals including design reviews
Key Performance Areas
• Managing and adapting Procurement Strategy for assigned projects to meet programme, budget and operational objectives
• Managing Consultant and Contractor deliverables in line with project schedule with specific focus on critical path
• Regular reporting on budget for assigned packages or elements including reporting, with recommendations, on any potential changes or variations
• Preparing monthly CEO and other progress reports for internal issue, including preparing presentations where required
• Proactive identification of risk and establishing and managing mitigation plans
• working with Group sustainability team to contribute towards delivery of a Net zero carbon operating development
• Liaising with stakeholders and monitoring integration of their requirements in the development
• The Incumbent will have as a minimum, a degree in Civil, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
• The Candidate will have Project Management Certification
• The Candidate will ideally have a minimum of 8 years’ technical experience in infrastructure projects, including a minimum of 3 in a Project or Construction Management role in the area of Industrial facilities with large scale equipment requirements such as Distribution Centres, Central Kitchen, Central Laundry, Vehicle Maintenance Centres or other similar facilities
• The role will require an individual with a strong technical and project management background in managing projects with multidisciplinary inputs and with proven Project Management experience across different project types
• The Candidate should have a track record of leadership in health and safety and sustainability
• The Candidate will have well-rounded and diverse experience that demonstrates an ability to manage different project types through different project stages
• The candidate should have Middle Eastern, and preferably local, experience.
About the Company
Red Sea Global (RSG) has been incorporated as a closed joint stock company, wholly owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF).
The company has been established to develop and promote a new international luxury tourism destination that will set new standards for sustainable development and bring about the next-generation of luxury travel. The project was announced in July 2017 and is one of the three Giga Projects aimed at diversifying the Saudi economy in keeping with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision.
The development will offer unprecedented investment options and provide visitors with the opportunity to explore the five untouched treasures of the west coast of Saudi Arabia; the archipelago of over 90 islands with stunning coral reefs, dormant volcanoes and untouched nature reserves.