Job description / Role
Farm Manager – Date Farm (Qassim, KSA)
YALJ is a Saudi Arabian based group of companies that focuses primarily on real estate development and agriculture, with its headquarters in Jeddah. Its real estate portfolio comprises of Makkah lands which are being developed with the Umrah and Hajj market in mind. Its agricultural business currently cultivates more than 270,000 date palms in Qassim and Medina using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Forward thinking, social and environmental consciousness are the fundamental principles uniting the YALJ Group.
YALJ are currently searching for a Farm Manager to be based in Qassim, KSA.
• Monitoring plantations in open field areas (checking EC and pH, monitoring temperature and humidity)
• Maintaining crop production by cultivating and maintaining optimal growing conditions of date palms & open field areas
• Provide technical support.
• Develop relationships with farmers/ researchers and independent consultants within the region
• Monitor the quality of yield of date palms
• Coordinate supplies, such as fertilizer, seeds, packing materials and sowing materials
• Support product development and launching developing technologies
• Organizing and conducting farming operations, such as collecting, storing, grading and packaging produce for the date palms.
• Ensuring that time sensitive tasks, such as pollination, weeding, fertilisation, transplanting and harvesting are completed on time and according to schedules Irrigation
• Planning and implementation of weekly schedule date palms and field weeding and transplanting
• Implementing fertility programs for the date palm and other crops
• Pest control and implementing pest management planning
• Monitoring crop health, keeping and maintain all production records and reporting to GM
• Maintaining of all irrigation fittings
• Reporting on daily, weekly and monthly basis to General manager
• Ensure Global GAP control points are implemented on Farm operations
• Collaboration with R&D on the different issues of irrigation systems to enhance the efficiency of the system
• Meeting with clients and consultant about the efficiency of the work
• Inspection of the new site for the proposal of new work
• Operations and maintenance of irrigation system
• Monitoring plant growth environment
• Organizing maintenance/repair of farm property, equipment and machinery
• Maintaining crop production by cultivating and maintaining optimal growing conditions in assigned greenhouses and open field areas
• Maintain and monitor the quality of yield
About the Company
Yousef Abdul Latif Jameel Group is a collection of firms that focuses primarily on real estate development and agriculture. Its real estate portfolio includes several lands in the Jeddah / Makkah region which include hospitality and commercial real estate. Its agricultural business currently cultivates more than 280,000 date palms using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. Forward thinking, social and environmental consciousness are the fundamental principles uniting the YALJ group.
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|
Country Operations Manager - Food Service
|Saudi Arabia||23 Mar|
|Saudi Arabia||3 Jun|
Facilities Management Operations Manager
Dubai Parks and Resorts