Job description / Role
At Sutherland, we put people at the heart of design and business transformation. We work with the world’s best brands to provide end to end process transformation that delivers improved results businesses can see, and improved experiences customers can feel. Our mission is to help our clients maximize their customer lifetime value and increase their competitive advantage by helping drive productivity and efficiency while delivering measurable results.
Our world-class innovative and analytics-driven business solutions include digital transformation services, such as research and design studios, analytics and consulting, in addition to IT services, customer engagement services, and business process transformation services, such as intelligent automation, F&A and procurement solutions.
- Ensure that all coding materials are consistent and aligned with the goals and objectives and prove effective in training coders in a predictable manner.
- Work to achieve maximum training effectiveness through strong curriculum with minimum necessary timescales to ensure predictable forecasting by management.
- Performs content management in proofing especially regarding a progressive learning structure; proofing materials focusing on answer accuracy and resolving inaccuracies in all training materials.
- Guide in creation of instructor-based lesson plans. Ensure detailed lesson plans for every existing course.
- Monitoring trainer performance to identify areas to reinforce. This includes analyzing exam results in detail and presenting findings + proposed resolutions to any issues found. Help to enforce discipline in reviewing trainee scores by “leading by example” and providing detailed analyses tactics to the trainers.
- Maintaining courses to reflect annual coding changes.
- Driving the process of new course creation, helping to identify ways of expanding our skill set for our coding services.
- Suggesting alternative training activities for implementation.
- Weekly interaction in a “team call” with management to report any challenges or to suggest changes in curriculum or delivery.
- Assists in maintaining an organized tracking system to guide all activities/tasks within the department and ensure timely completions against the goals and objectives of the company.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in life science or medical stream with exposure to Healthcare Management.
- CCC, RHIT, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, or CPC Credential Beneficial.
- Experience in ICD-10-AM coding.
- Fully conversant with the current guidelines and the industry demands.
- Work experience as a trainer.
- Track record in designing and executing successful training program.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job, class room training, e-learning, workshops, simulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan, multi-task, and manage time effectively.
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals.
- Good computer database skills.
- Ability to work with different training platforms and tools.
- Certification mandatory per the industry norms.
About the Company
As a process transformation company, Sutherland rethinks and rebuilds processes for the digital age by combining the speed and insight of design thinking with the scale and accuracy of data analytics. We have been helping customers, across industries from financial services to health care, achieve greater agility through transformed and automated customer experiences for over 30 years. Headquartered in Rochester, N.Y., Sutherland employs thousands of professionals spanning 19 countries around the world.