Job description / Role
• Provide onsite engineering support for MPD to the client
• At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop.
• This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
• Rig up, operate and perform troubleshooting when necessary of the MPD and RCD equipment with minimal to no supervision from the Wellsite Supervisor, ensure all paperwork and HSE requirements are met and complied with
• Support engineering design with all aspects of project preparation and technical proposals, these include feasibility studies and MPD drilling programs.
• Attend as engineer on MPD projects in the field or office.
• Recommend and apply well simulations and knowledge that will comply with the objectives of the well and safety standards for Weatherford.
• Understand the working principles of all equipment and parts related to MPD equipment.
• Responsible for connecting sensors to the main data acquisition system, collect the data, data interpretation and system troubleshooting.
• Supervise MPD equipment commissioning, green tag and repair/maintenance procedures, following instruction from crew leader.
• Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
• Manage single phase and multiphase, steady state and transient, hydraulic simulators.
• Support operators with well balancing, surge/swab, torque and drag, directional drilling and casing running calculations.
• Operate the semi-auto or manual MPD systems under no supervision. UBD Choke, DDV, Land RCD and multiphase Separator operation will have to be monitored by the engineer.
• Interact with the rig crew and advise driller and client of events or potential problems identified during the operation
• Responsible for the daily report, records of events and proper database management of all well data, drilling programs, procedures and writing end of well reports
• Attend and support Hazard Operability Analysis (HAZOP), Drill and well on Paper and well planning meetings.
• Complete training in order to meet the minimum HSE certifications and technical requirements required perform their jobs
• Evaluates offset well data from client site
• Review and modify drilling procedures associated within Managed Pressure Drilling
• Provides client training
• Authors/co-authors technical papers
• Train and mentor Field Engineers I and Field Engineer ll in operational practices, transferring knowledge and experience.
• Complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and performs competency assessments on junior personnel when required.
• Responsible for ensuring Weatherford best practices are adhered to in all drilling proposals and programs.
• Perform jobs audits.
• Write, recommend, refine, or establish documented procedures required to enhance operational procedures and systems.
• Update P&ID based on procedures defined.
• Responsible for updating all the technical operational information such as the Daily Drilling Report or End of Well Report in Weatherford’s performance tracking system during and after job is conducted.
• Support Wellsite Supervisor or Engineer of higher level on performing rig inspection and assist in writing related report.
• Monitor, collect, plot and analyse downhole data, focused on process optimization.
• Supervise equipment/parts preparation for shipping from any WFT location/base.
• Supervise that all equipment is working properly according to best practices.
• Supervise that all working tests are documented, stored and available at job site.
• Supervise that all shipping parts list are updated.
• Required to complete the competency requirements identified by Global and Geo Zone Management.
• At the discretion of management (Geo Zone and/or Global), may be required to complete training required to become Qualified Competency Assessor and perform competency assessments on MPD personnel when required.
• Keep themselves updated on other products from Weatherford that could help the operator to optimize their drilling/completion process
• Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of all matters related to MPD and RCD and accessories under minimal to no supervision
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
• Perform various other regarding Managed Pressure Drilling and Weatherford assigned by management or supervisors within the physical constraints of the job
• 5+ years experience in MPD
• Engineering degree
About the Company
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
|Saudi Arabia||13 May|
|Saudi Arabia||13 May|
Field Engineer IV - (Sampling - Wireline)