Job description / Role
Finance Lecturer - Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
m2r Education are proud to be supporting Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) with its current recruitment needs. They require Finance Lecturers to join Spring/Fall 2023.
PMU was built to provide higher education opportunities to the local and regional community of the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia. It is a private institution and developed with the close collaboration of The Texas International Education Consortium [TIEC] - a private non-profit organization that advances international partnerships, collaboration, and exchanges for 31 public universities within the state of Texas, USA.
PMU has one consolidated and purpose-built location at which its degree programs are delivered. It is in the Half-Moon Bay area in Al-Khobar (about 29 km south of downtown Al-Khobar) in the Eastern Province of KSA. The principal components of its modern campus, within its own extensive landscaped surroundings, was largely completed by 2006.
In less than 15 years PMU has become established as a leading private university in the Eastern province and one of few such outstanding institutions in the whole of KSA. PMU is ranked 4th in the Times Higher Education - Arab World University Rankings and Ranked 101-150 in world best Young Universities QS-2021 Rankings.
Teaching load - Up to 20hrs per week
• TAX FREE basic salary UP TO 30000SAR (£6000 / $8000) per month, dependent upon experience and qualifications
• Visa (work) / family visa / local transfer
• Fully furnished accommodation (Single or family)
• Help with opening a local bank account
• Medical insurance
• Annual air tickets (Family incl 2 children)
• 60 days leave in line with academic calendar
• Education allowance
• 2yr renewable contract
Spring/Fall 2023 SD
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees to be all in the related field.
• A research-based degree (PhD in the related field) from a Western University/ North American accredited institution, a distinguished and active record of sponsored research; a history of excellent peer-reviewed scholarship.
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience post-graduation in finance with knowledge of Islamic Finance, stock market simulation and finance analytics including advanced Excel
• Experience in using management applications/tools (stock trading simulation) and innovative teaching methods.
• Expertise and commitment to graduate teaching; and a strong track record of leadership, mentoring/sponsorship and personnel management, especially as it relates to oversight of multi-disciplinary and interdisciplinary research.
• Have developed a strong internally and externally funded, globally recognized research programs. They should also possess a passion for and be committed to excellence in both graduate and undergraduate education in a highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, diverse, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture.
• Familiar with technology, ie Moodle, Blackboard, Banner etc
• Middle East experience preferred
About the Company
Established in 2001, m2r Education is a multi award winning UK based firm offering a quality and ethical recruitment service to overseas organisations within the education & training sectors.
Our clients are viewed as valuable partners and include international schools, FE colleges, HE institutions, independent training centres and corporate organisations. Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships and help them grow by providing the best talent possible via an excellent customer experience.
Our candidates are treated with respect and professionalism at all times. We genuinely want to help and will advise you on your next overseas move. Having core values centred on integrity and quality, we will always do our utmost to help without pushing positions forward which are not necessarily suitable.
This is why we have won over 6 international business awards, been used as case studies by the British Government and received glowing references from those that have experienced our service.