Job description / Role
The Manager - Finance & Procurement will be responsible for the day to day operation, accuracy, integrity and transparency of the financial accounting systems within the organization.
The incumbent should also:
• Have the ability and willingness to undertake and be responsible for a variety of tasks from creating flexible and integrated organizational budgets and analyzing financial data, oversee monthly transactional accounts, undertaking variance analysis and implementing financial controls.
• Prepare and present the financial operations and financial strategic planning of the organization.
• Work closely and report directly to FD and shall perform both tactical and strategic work, collaborate with team members in non-finance areas, have career interest that extends beyond finance into operations and assist the FD & GM with presentations to the stakeholders.
• Responsible to manage Arena procurement activities.
• To manage and operate the busy finance function, providing accurate and timely management accounts and budgets, paying staff and invoices, and working with the FD and GM to ensure healthy cash flow and financial security.
• To support the best possible operational finance practice for the venue, including Procurement.
• To implement finance policies and procedure for the venue taking into consideration all control aspects and proper delegation of authorities.
• To ensure the venue procurement process is transparent and robust to achieve maximum benefit for the venue.
• To ensure timely reconciliation of venue ticketing system with the service provider and merchant banks and funds are settled to promoters on a timely basis.
• To ensure the implementing, integrating and managing of venue IT systems of the venue such as accounting ERP, Booking software, ticketing system etc,.
• Manage the salary budgeting, payroll processing, salary payments, statutory compliances of the local labour laws.
• To prepare/review accurate and timely monthly management accounts and monitoring cash flow.
• Ensure the timely and accurate reconciliation of all cash accounts and manage cash balances to ensure sufficient liquidity to meet the organization’s financial obligations
• To prepare and manage annual budgets.
• To Review monthly budget vs. actual reports to validate the completeness and accuracy of data.
• To ensure departmental expenditure are reconciled each month with each budget-holder.
• To prepare annual statutory accounts for audit, liaising with the auditors to implement system improvements as agreed, and monitoring and developing financial control procedures.
• To maintain and be responsible for the company accounts and other related financial records as required per applicable law.
• To discuss and prepare alternative financial proposals to work with external event promoters and organizers.
• To undertake competitive venue analysis and benchmarking.
• To be part of the senior management team to support the GM in the delivery of a successful venue.
• To reviews gaps in finance procedures and recommend new amendments to ensure compliance.
• To Enhance, implement and monitor financial/accounting policies and processes and internal controls; improve the policy and procedure manuals.
• To set clear goals and expectations as a key part of managing performance of the team.
• To provide meaningful and timely performance feedback and coaching to the direct reports and use performance management tools to track and discuss performance.
• Proven track record as a successful finance professional, with demonstrable experience of management accounts, cash flow and year end accounts.
• Must have a formal accounting qualification such as SOCPA or ACA or ACCA/CIMA.
• Possess excellent analytical and spreadsheet skills and hands on experience in venue pricing models
• Knowledge and experience of working in the events venue industry is required.
• Have an over five years of experience in Accountant or finance manager roles and ideally with over three years’ knowledge of venue budgets and operations.
• in event venues or event organisations desirable.
• GCC work experience preferable
• A forensic eye for detail and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Fully IT competent, in particular Excel and ERPs, Accounts & Payroll.
• Ability to manage resources, and both senior and junior staff, including supporting of Heads of Department with financial management.
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• Knowledge of appropriate business approach, culture, practices and procedures.
• Must be a good communicator, with the ability to work with a range of staff across all departments.
• To review team performance, and documentation, reflecting the ability to deliver high quality and accuracy in documentation and services.
• Knowledge of appropriate policies and procedures for the day to day management of related financial aspects.
• Must have ambition and enthusiasm to drive change in the department to meet the needs of an evolving organization.
• Ability to plan and prioritize within defined timeframes.
• Ability to collect data, review documents, check & retrieve data to produce reports.
• Ability to provide training and transfer knowledge to internal and external customers
About the Company
As the world’s leading live entertainment company, we are privileged to work with artists to bring their creativity to life on stages around the world. Whether it’s two hours at a packed club, or an entire weekend of sets at a festival, a live show does more than entertain. It can uplift, inspire and create a memory that lasts a lifetime.
Bringing 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals to life and selling 500 million tickets per year is a massive undertaking, made possible by our 44,000 employees worldwide. But just because we are big doesn’t mean we do things the same way as other companies of our size.
Head of Finance
Finance and Admin Manager
Rothenberger Middle East FZCO
Unibuild Group of Companies