Job description / Role
The Finance Manager will need to provide the Owners’ Representatives, General Manager, Deputy General Manager, Project Manager and other management with accurate, timely, and relevant financial data. Additionally responsible for managing the audit function in on the Estate to deliver outstanding client service and financial profitability.
• Represents the finance department on the meetings with the General Manager, Deputy General Manager and Project Manager.
• Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget.
• Calculate and distribute wages and salaries.
• Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities.
• Prepare financial statements and debtors' listings.
• Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management.
• Providing direction to the team.
• Reviewing and validating proper payment and posting.
• Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as 'Blacklisted' for long outstanding or defaulter accounts.
• Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager's approval.
• Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
• Ensuring that cash flows are adequate to allow business units to operate effectively.
• Maintain banking relationships and negotiating loans and merchant services for business units.
• Maintains files of all contracts, insurance policies, tax reports, expenses, payroll, etc.
• Maintaining and transferring money between bank accounts as required.
• Performing numerical analysis of data and formulating conclusions and/or solutions.
• Approving all payments and commissions and releasing payments after verification.
• Preparing financial reports and submissions to relevant government entities.
• Ensures all new hire paperwork, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary action forms and other pertinent personnel documents are filed appropriately and maintained in accordance with the company HR practices.
• Monitors and contains all property inventories to ensure proper levels without causing burdens on property cash flows.
• Preparing and presenting financial reports for meetings and investors.
• Working with General Management, Project Manager and business heads to prepare budgets and track performance by business unit.
• Providing direction and training to hotel operational team in areas related to finance, financial reports, internal controls, labour management, payroll, etc.
• Effectively manage the accounting team through respectful communication, clear expectations, relevant training.
• Recommend and maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over Finance Department activities
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with strong accounting software experience.
• Confident dealing with senior stakeholders
• Ability to solve complex issues
• Able to work under pressure
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience using budgeting, forecasting and reporting tools
• Advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages such as CA or CPA
• Knowledge of financial regulations
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Excellent time management
• Excellent organisational skills
• Candidate must possess at least a Professional accounting qualification and a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Graduate in Accounting
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel / Word) and experience with PMS like Opera, Room master, Protel, Visual One, Delphi, Sun Finance, Oracle Finance, SAP etc.
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Strong financial reporting and tax experience
• Staff management experience
• Minimum 8 years accounting experience, preferably in a hospitality or food and beverage environment and quality with a background that includes forecasting and budgeting.
• Live In
• Medical Insurance
• Flight Allowance
• 2 month’s vacations PA.
• 12-Month renewable contract
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.