Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Oversee the operations of the Finance Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of Finance Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Lead the completion and consolidation of monthly management reporting to Captain for a variety of businesses included in his Vertical highlighting key performance and finance indicators, variance versus Budget and defining and tracking corrective actions plans to be implemented by each BU GM
- Lead, coach and develop a team of senior finance members (including FMs and FC) responsible for financial control of individual BUs cross-country within the vertical
- Work with HR to ensure appropriate training programs are delivered to all members of the community and monitor key staff progress towards earning International Finance qualifications
- Lead and manage, in liaison with key stakeholders, the formulation and strategic review process for his/her vertical with reference to: 3 YRS plan, the annual budget and (Re)-Forecast submissions Captainrdinating with all country Finance Managers to ensure deliverables for the verticals are timely and accurate
- Act as the business partner for respective Captain ensuring also his/her finance team grant on-going support to the commercial and HR teams to ensure corrective action plans on both revenue and costs are timely implemented to correct any material variance vs budget in OP or cash flow
- Ensure implementation of a robust and enhanced internal control environment following central processes as defined by Group Finance to deliver efficiencies and Budget OP and ROCE
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback to support professional development and maximize performance
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA a plus
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting and data mining tools such as SQL, Access, etc.
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department FINANCE Role Finance Manager
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.