Job description / Role
Our Client a multinational professional services company based in Riyadh is looking to expand in their Finance team. They are looking Senior Specialist to lead Commercial Accounting Team in KSA. The primary focus for the role is the day-to-day accounting activities, such as project economics reporting, client administration and compliance with regulations, Treasury activities related to contracts and other special projects. This role will be responsible for the managing the KSA Finance Team (2 Staff) to ensure priorities are met and staff are mentored. The individual will work in close coordination and guidance of the Commercial Manager to set priorities.
The individual is a member of the Middle East Finance management Team; will participate on the Middle East Finance initiatives and will coordinate financial activities to support the KSA business needs.
Overall responsibilities include
• Act as business partner to Commercial Manager to ensure delivery of timely and accurate reporting and analysis
• Manage relationship with clients aimed at improving the invoicing and collection process
• Work with Middle East Finance Manager to implement risk management initiatives which includes ensuring there are adequate systems of internal controls and ensuring compliance with local tax, legal and other regulatory requirements
• Manage relationships with local Riyadh providers – vendors, bank, utilities, etc.
• Proactively identify and address areas for improvement to the KSA finance processes in order to gain efficiencies
• Prioritize and set work agenda for Riyadh based finance team
Detailed Job Specifications
Commercial Accounting Operations and Compliance
• Under the guidance of the Commercial Manager, review client contracts and monitor to ensure the terms are met and are compliant per the internal policies.
• Proactively manage DSO, working closely with Commercial Manager
• Oversee KSA processes to enable timely invoicing and collections
• Document client processes and administration requirements
• Raise awareness with Client Coordination Officers
• Seek to continuously improve local commercial business processes, such as client administration and collections, to obtain efficiencies, reduce risks, and maintain infrastructure necessary to support the growth of the offices
• Liaise with Commercial Manager to standardize and enhance automation in local processes
• Understand and ensure compliance with internal as well as external deadlines
Taxation and Compliance
• Assist in tax audit processes as needed in close cooperation with the Middle East Finance Manager and internal global tax team
• Continuously work on identification of tax opportunities and avoidance of tax risks in corporate and withholding tax
• Risk Management, in collaboration with the Head of Finance, which includes ensuring there are adequate systems of internal control and ensuring compliance with local tax, legal and other regulatory requirements
• Oversee and initiate banking transactions as per KSA statutory regulation
• Create and release bid/performance bonds for KSA based projects, ensuring compliance with banking guidelines while still meeting client demands
• Liaise with local PRO to maintain governance over petty cash function as it relates to visa invitation letters
• University degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent through experience. CPA and/or MBA equivalent desired
• 5 - 7 years work experience in financial accounting, preferably with 2-4 years in a professional accounting firm
• 2 + years managing a team
• Must have Saudi GAAP experience, preference given to those with US GAAP experience as well
Essential Skills & Attributes
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic languages with the ability to work mainly in English
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Willingness to work in a multinational finance team
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Experience in working in a virtual team
• Well structured and capable to "think outside of the box". Self driven, acts upon needs rather than upon requests
• May be required to travel to Dubai for meetings, affiliation events, etc.
Desirable Skills & Attributes
• Multinational experience preferably with a US company
• International experience a plus
• Experience with Oracle, Business Objects and other Accounting and Analysis Tools
• Analytical skills
• Flexibility to work in an environment that has short-term shifts in priorities to meet a diverse customer base
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Financial Reporting Analyst