Job description / Role
Known as the 'knowledge behind the numbers', Financial Analysts are considered to be trusted business advisors, working within IBM's business units and geographies, as well as in a myriad of specialized corporate functions. IBM's finance organization is instrumental in driving innovative improvements to global financial processes while providing measurable value to the business.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Ongoing financial analysis and forecasting of services projects with focus on revenue and cost matching including expense.
- Engage and support monthly financial closing related activities.
- Regular interaction with the services business leaders to gain full insight of various ongoing projects
- Focus on identification and review of troubled contracts.
- Reporting on the financial of contracts to MEP CFO and preparing analysis and reports for various stake holders
- Ensure contract billing is correctly recoded and periodized
- Working closely with accounting to ensure proper accounting treatment of cost, revenue and billing.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Education qualification in Accounting or Finance from a reputable educational institution. (MBA, ACCA , CA, CPA)
- Possess minimum 6/7 years professional experience in the area of Finance or Accounting from a reputable company preferably a multinational or audit firm (big 4)
- Strong understanding of Accounting standards & principles
- Proficiency in Arabic and English
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- MNC Experience
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Finance Controller