Financial Risk Regulatory - RTC | Regulatory Strategy | Senior Consultant
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Risk Advisory | Financial Risk & Regulatory Advisory - Regulatory Strategy - Senior Consultant
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). A career in Risk Advisory is all about the challenge of helping our clients manage risk and uncertainty, from the boardroom to the network. The spectrum of risk is broad, and our core competencies encompass control assurance, internal audit, corporate governance consulting, risk management, regulatory consulting, and IT security services. To be a Risk Advisory professional with Deloitte & Touche Middle East means you will gain a wealth of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Diversity is not just a part of the business landscape in the region but also an integral part of Deloitte & Touche Middle East. Just as we are committed to seeing our clients excel, we are committed to providing you with the right environment to learn and grow and to tailor a career to your needs.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most- for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities. Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact: Lead the way Serve with integrity Take care of each other Foster inclusion Collaborate for measurable impact.
During your tenure as a Senior Consultant in Regulatory Strategy, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in managing regulatory strategy projects for financial services regulators.
- Strong technical knowledge across various prudential regulations or conduct regulations for the Banking Industry.
- Experience in leading teams to ensure high quality delivery on projects.
- Experience in planning and managing budget, cost and timelines across projects
- Contribute towards strengthening the Deloitte brand.
- Support the leadership in the development of applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate Deloitte.
- Lead proposal development and submission for regulatory strategy projects with financial service regulators.
- Identify potential growth opportunities for Deloitte across various Risk Advisory service lines.
- Collaborate with colleagues globally to strengthen Deloitte proposition within the ME market.
- Ability to execute projects around regulatory strategy on various prudential risks or conduct risks
- Ability to understand varied problem statements, study local eco-system, international leading practices, challenges and formulate strategies for implementation by clients in local markets
- Effective planning and execution of engagements to ensure completion of the same within the prescribed deadlines
- Possess project management skills to efficiently and effectively close out projects within budgeted time and cost
- Meetings with client representatives to brief project status and to discuss the challenges faced during the project delivery
- Meetings with client representatives to discuss technical details on the regulatory strategy topic being delivered
- Ability to critically evaluate and review deliverables to ensure Deloitte quality standards are met
- Apply Deloitte tools and methodologies to identify, assess, and prioritize client's operational risks
- Ability to navigate multiple commitments on a regular basis to balance tasks across various client commitments
People and Practice Management:
- Conduct career counseling, training and development of professionals of junior team members
- Provide insight onto project scope wherever possible for junior team members to build up
- Build, motivate and manage junior team members while managing expectations of projects managers within Deloitte and client
- Demonstrate effective planning and organizational skills to prioritize key areas of responsibility, tasks, and projects
- Ensure adherence to the firm's polices
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Bachelors/ Masters in Business/Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Professional Certifications such as FRM/ CFA/ PMP preferred
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Experience with Big 4 is mandatory Prior work experience of working within a Regulator or having consulted/ provided advisory services to a Financial Services Regulator
- Experience on prudential regulations or conduct regulations 5+ years of relevant experience in related field or banking
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity