Job description / Role
Reporting to the Fire Chief, Deputy Operations Manager or Operations Manager, plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the emergency and non-emergency activities of a fire suppression team; commands emergency response scenes; directs and performs a variety of staff support functions; plans, organizes, coordinates and directs fire
inspection and prevention programs; develops training programs for all firefighter staff; maintains directly or indirectly the assigned fire station, the rolling stock assigned to that fire station along with any supporting equipment, tools etc.; and performs or assigns related work as required.
• Plans, coordinates and supervises activities of a fire suppression team during emergency response, training and administrative activities.
• Commands single team responses to emergency fire, traffic accident, hazardous material, rescue or other situations and functions as the incident commander, responsible for situation assessment, tactic and strategy development and implementation. and the deployment of personnel and equipment, makes determinations regarding requests for additional personnel, equipment and resources, personally performs a wide variety of fire suppression tasks in emergency situations directly or under the direction of the Senior Fire Officer
• Plans, schedules, assigns and participates in equipment and station maintenance, department drills and training, department fire inspections and other operational and administrative functions such as Officers Meetings.
• Inspect firefighting equipment and apparatus in order to ensure appropriate equipment is available on a regular basis.
• Make recommendations on the replacement and/or repair of equipment.
• Directs and participates in inspection activities for a variety of facilities and buildings to ensure compliance with laws, codes and regulations related to fire safety.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the department's fire prevention and inspection programs and prepares or directs the preparation of a variety of studies and reports pertaining to the fire prevention and inspection programs and develops specific plans and activities to meet the company's overall goals and objectives, plans, develops and implements training programs designed to ensure the company's fire prevention and inspection goals are achieved, works closely with departments to explain or coordinate programs and to resolve fire inspection and/or prevention issues, and maintains records and reports on fire prevention and inspection activities.
• Assists in overall station planning and administration.
• Represents the company in meetings, conferences and public events.
• Participates in planning, developing and implementing the company's public education program.
• Communicates and ensures understanding of the company's policies and procedures.
• Completes special projects as assigned.
• Participates in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures and standards.
• Communicates with other companies to develop mutual, aid activities.
• Prepares, reviews and analyses a variety of records and report, prepares paper work for training, emergency response, performance evaluations, leave requests, purchase documents and budget requests, delegates special assignments to personnel, inspects records and maintenance logs, inspects department facilities to ensure proper safety practices, interprets department policies, procedures and safety practices and ensures understanding and compliance; prepares and maintains a wide variety of correspondence, records, files and reports related to the activities.
• Orients firefighters, maintains discipline and develops documentation pertaining to employee performance, provides performance feedback and prepares performance reviews. facilitates the training and personal development of firefighters, maintains a high level of morale among firefighters.
• Participates in the planning. development and implementation of department wide training programs, oversees the training and development of personnel to meet the goals and objectives of individuals and the overall goals of the department, participates in the selection and/or promotion process.
• Develops and implements systems, procedures, policies and standards for program evaluation.
• Investigates and prepares reports on fires, traffic accidents and other responses.
• Review construction plans and specifications, as required, to ensure compliance with relevant laws, codes and regulations.
• Monitors developments relevant to the fire service and develops recommendations to enhance the department's overall effectiveness and performance.
Training and Experience:
• A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from high school, or G.E.D. equivalent, supplemented by college-level course work in fire science or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Five (5) years working experience in a Fire Department environment
• NFPA 472 Fire Hazmat Awareness/Operations, or equivalent
• NFPA 1001 Firefighter 1111Certificates, or equivalent
• NFPA 1021 Fire Officer I, or equivalent
• NFPA 1041 Fire Instructor I, or equivalent
• or equivalent combination of Skills and Experience
About the Company
Precise Trace Recruitment is the first choice for companies who believe in the value of their people.
We attract the best candidates because they value our commitment to their career. We focus on delivering the maximum return on investment for all concerned while building long term successful relationships.
Our specialist technical consultants are industry leaders, with successful and well-established networks in their field. We supply permanent, contract and temporary staff across a range of role types including; Technical Professionals, Sales and Marketing, PR and Communications, Business Support, and Executive Search and Selection.
Precise Trace consultants are consistently recognized for outstanding service delivery through multiple industry awards. We do not compromise on who we hire and nor do we expect our clients to. The highest level of service delivery starts with ensuring we have the highest quality staff within our own organization. We set our standards extremely high so you deal only with professionals who have the capability to understand your business. The result is value for your investment and a partnership that is mutually respectful.
Precise Trace Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||27 Apr|
Precise Trace Recruitment
|Saudi Arabia||27 Apr|
Senior Health and Safety Manager (Facilities Management)
CSG Global Talent
|Saudi Arabia||21 May|
Head of QHSE
The Gulf Recruitment Group
Regional EHSS & QS Manager