Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking for a Fire, life Safety Specialist to join our ongoing project in Saudi.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Work closely with MMRTC, Civil Defense, General Security, PMCMs , contractors, etc. to develop Fire and Life Safety criteria and strategies for the MPTP Program.
• Support PMOC in reviewing the design of the systems proposed by the Contractors to ensure they are compliant with the applicable standards.
• Support PMOC in developing security plans for the projects, and Preliminary Emergency Preparedness Plans (EPP's), Emergency Preparation Procedures (EOP's), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
In order to meet the challenge, you will have the following skills and experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an equivalent technical qualification
• Good Knowledge of applicable codes and other standards (e.g. NFPA 130), and any other commonly used practices
• Skills in infrastructure/construction industry and project management.
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.