Job description / Role
• Responsible for assisting the Flight Operations Manager in the execution of airfield flight operations tasks and execution of all functions, activities, and flight operations procedures in support of rotary wing operations.
• Responsible for supporting the safe operation, employment, maintenance, and flight procedures of rotary wing aircraft.
The ability to accomplish the following:
• Execute Flight planning, filing, related activities in support of Customer and contractor training, operations.
• Possess the ability to manage automated flight record systems as appropriate
• Execution of policies, procedures, and standards for airfield operations.
• Monitor and operate various communications systems used for communication with aircraft flight crews, emergency response crews, refuel, security forces, and air traffic control.
• Provide technical expertise during complex deployments and exercises.
• Provide support for aircrews in the filing of flight plans, FLIP requisitioning, clearances, and weather support.
• Respond to and manage airfield aircraft emergency and accidents/incidents, and downed aircraft recovery missions.
• Inspects and/or checks condition of runways, taxiways, and aprons for flying safety hazards to include compliance with airfield criteria, aircraft foreign object damage and bird aircraft strike hazards.
• Maintains documentation of shift events, traffic logs, and other necessary forms to document coordination of airfield/aircraft activities.
• Provide flight records management for flight crew members rated and non-rated.
• Reports to the applicable section manager under the Brigade Support Operations Manager. Works within the rules and regulations of Army Airfield Flight Operations guidelines.
• Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
• As assigned by the manager.
• High School Graduate. Associates degree preferred.
• 4 Years’ experience in Aviation Operations.
Specific knowledge, skills, ability:
• Must possess an understanding of Aviation Operations specific to rotary wing aircraft.
• Demonstrated performance in Aviation Operations activities from previous job positions.
• A working knowledge of the employment of weather and ATC support in airfield operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written in
• English and Arabic.
• Ability to deal effectively with people in the supervision of personnel.
• Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner. Possess a valid driver’s license.
About the Company
Vinnell Arabia is the market leader in U.S. military doctrine-based training, logistics, and support services inside Saudi Arabia. We provide unparalleled training and simulation services for defense, national security as well as fire and emergency medical response.
With over 1,250 highly experienced employees Kingdom-wide, over half of whom are Saudi nationals, we provide a unique knowledge-base of experience and talent. Vinnell Arabia staff completes all organizational requirements relating to training, simulation and support services. Vinnell Arabia’s services are custom tailored to meet specific customer needs. We have successfully integrated, fielded, trained and supported U.S. and internationally manufactured systems.
Our expertise in designing, developing and executing training systems is only achieved by highly qualified former U.S. military and other U.S. government agency personnel, using time-tested and proven procedures. Vinnell Arabia is an international corporation based in Saudi Arabia dedicated to providing the best in military training, logistics and support to the Ministry of the National Guard (MNG) in the form of organization development, weapon systems maintenance and management consultancy.