Job description / Role
Great opportunity to experience another culture, gain valuable experience and be part of a large multi-cultural team.
POSITION: French Polisher
START DATE: October 2020
PACKAGE: Competitive tax free salary and leave offered with accommodation, all meals, flight allowance and full medical insurance.
12 Month Renewable Contract
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The French Polisher is responsible for using traditional skills to treat wood and restore furniture and items like staircases, doors and musical instruments across the Private Estate
• Deciding on the type and colour of wood stain to use
• Mixing and applying the stain
• Applying French polish and other finishes, like lacquer, paint, varnish, oil or wax
• Repairing furniture
• To ensure that property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times
• Develop and maintain cohesive working relationships within immediate team, wider hotel team and build and maintain rapport with partnering in-house teams
• Effectively communicate within the department and other internal departments ensuring open communication with department heads
• Actively participate in continuous individual training and upskilling of team, provided by the company
• Assist the management and other Hill Robinson personnel in such other matters as may be reasonably required
• Attend and participate in daily briefings, meetings, and training sessions as scheduled.
• Maintains exemplary department standards of behaviour and appearance and attitude as expected in Hill Robinson
• Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
• Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
• Demonstrate a sound awareness of Health and Safety Guidelines, policies and procedures and ensure procedures are upheld across the department
• Full driving licence
• Intermediate apprenticeship as a furniture restorer
• 2 years in a luxury estate or resort / hospitality
• The ability to work well with others
• Persistence and determination
• The ability to work on your own
• To be thorough and pay attention to detail
• The ability to come up with new ways of doing basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
• Good command of English
• Good leadership
• Willingness to learn and teach
• Good team player and supporter
• Willingness to look for solutions and not for excuses
• Asks questions when instructions are not clear
• Responds appropriately to instructions
• Able to work as part of a team
• Assists when and where needed
• Turn up to work on time, in uniform and well presented
• Confidentiality in all areas
• Ability to accept a constructive criticism as a way to progress
• Can handle time pressure
• Adapt easily to last minute changes
• Flexible with working overtime at special occasions
• Great organisational skills.
• Very sociable yet professional things
• The ability to work well with your hands
• Physical skills like movement, coordination, dexterity and grace
• Concentration skills
• To be able to carry out
• Ability to maintain a very positive and friendly attitude.
• Very high attention to detail at all times.
• Ability to develop rapport within a short time frame.
• Neat personal presentation.
• Performing all duties with the sense of priority and dedication, serving in a calm, discrete and courteous manner whilst respecting timing standards.
• Ability to work unsupervised, in a large team and take direction.
• Absolute honesty, integrity, and reliability
• Non-smoker preferred and no visible Tattoos
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.