Job description / Role
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Front Office Manager, and within the limits of the established Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policies and OSM (Operational Standards Manual), his/her responsibilities are to provide efficient, personalized, courteous and punctual service and to practice up-selling techniques. To work with a team spirit and to ensure that each guest leaves the property fully satisfied and with the wish to return back.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all Mövenpick corporate and local Operational Standards and ensure they are followed. He / She is responsible for supervising the operations at the front desk according to our hotel standards in order to ensure guest satisfaction under the control of the Front Office Manager in the accomplishment of their objectives. Must assist in accomplish obligations and goals as outlined below:
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Review and update Logbook
- Check equipment
- Be Smart, well-groomed and maintain a friendly and cheerful disposition all the times
- Oversee the day to day operations
- Report regularly on happening to FOM / Night Manager (if on shift).
- Monitor Employees performance/ Coaching
- Fire Procedure
- First Aid Procedures
- Handle guest complaints and report to manager
- Implement and coordinate the Front Office OSM
- Perform as per OSM Standards and in line with the Company's Values and Core Behaviors.
- Be fully aware of the Talk of the Walk for the day.
- Drive Upselling Program.
- Proper grooming at all times
- Attend training classes as per schedule
- Show fullest cooperation and respect within the team and other departments
- All team members on shift are aware of the daily activities and have product knowledge the hotel facilities.
- Ensure panic report is printed during the shift at least twice.
- Prepare for daily arrivals in terms of room allocation, amenities and special requests of Guests.
- Register and process check in for all arrivals.
- Update and check guest information into the computer after a complete check in.
- Accountable for cashiering duties, foreign exchange transactions, night audits tasks and settlement upon Guests' departure.
- Drive Upselling and exceed the monthly targets.
- Provide friendly smooth courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time.
- Resolve guest's complaints/ requests and liaise with the department concerned to ensure immediately follow up.
- Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
- Check and convey message to Guests.
- Assist at the reception desk, Foreign Exchange, Night Audit and the Business center, as and when assigned.
- Seek authorisation on special room rates, paid-outs, rebates, cash advances, and acceptance of cheques, on basis of established procedures
- To check the paymaster and feedback to FOM. (Ultimate goal to have no paymaster).
- Over credit limit report to be checked and files on daily basis.
- Housekeeping discrepancy report checked and filed on daily basis.
- Liaise with Guest Relations / Concierge for action plans on group arrivals / departure.
- Review log book, verify outstanding and follow up pending. Identify if any special assignment for the day.
- Check Hotel situation, occupancy, functions, groups, MIPs/VIPs.
- File daily reception report and documents systematically.
- At the end of the shift or the day ensure all GSAs reports are completed and submitted in the correct tray for night auditor.
- Assist MOD in doing "book out" when needed.
- Coordination and information with the Front Office, Housekeeping, F&B and especially with the General Manager regarding MIPs and VIPs.
- To effectively handle all guest complaints concerning the Front Office in coordination with the Front Office Manager, taking corrective action to prevent recurrence and convert the guest into a repeat customer. Co-ordinate proper actions with other departments, report in writing via hotel duty log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform duties in a manner that respects Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts' Core Behaviours which are Trust, Relationship, Entrepreneurship and Drive.
- Assist in Task Force Teams for new openings. (If asked).
- Carry out any other reasonable task (which may not be stated here) as requested.
- Attend and chair the daily briefings.
- Trust You targets to be achieved and exceeded.
- Comply with account audit requirements and be ready during your shift at all times.
- Drive Cherish program and ensure targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Assist FOM to achieve the departmental targets.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.