Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Food & Beverage Company with an excellent reputation across the region.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The General Manager reports to the CEO, with the following major areas of responsibility:
Operations, Financial and asset management, brand development, production, strategic planning, risk Management, leadership and staff communication, government affairs, training & development, employment engagement, turnover &retention and recruitment strategies.
• Together with the CEO, redefine company strategies to achieve its vision, mission and objectives.
• Plan, formulate, and recommend for the approval of the Policies, operational procedures, standards, and strategies that will further company objectives.
• Attend all meetings and executive committee.
• Execute all decisions of the CEO.
• Meet organizational objectives as determined by the CEO
• Perform other duties as the CEO sees fit.
• Execute contracts and commitments as authorized by the CEO or within established policies.
• Collaborate with the CEO on strategic plans for the organization
• Develop a strategic plan to advance company mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth.
• Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for company
• Plan, organize and manage day-to-day company operations.
• Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, and cost-effective management of resources.
• Recommend yearly budget for CEO’s approval and prudently manage company’s resources within those budget guidelines.
• Work closely with the CEO on all strategic decision-making issues.
• Be responsible for product and project development, new project site selection, lease negotiation, sales and corporate marketing, finance, logistics, purchasing, human resource administration, operations, Training & development, maintenance, public relations, legal issues, property management, quality control, and IT.
• Ensure an effective, smooth and economically sound operation of all outlets of company.
• Ensure that sound administration practices are in place with 100% compliance in effect that different departments work harmoniously and efficiently with each other.
• Be the company’s champion on the best use of Quality, Cost and Time.
• Oversee design, marketing, promotion, and quality of programs, products and services of company.
• Conduct short Daily Operational Review Meetings.
• Evaluate performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of company and contributions in attaining objectives.
• Promote and enhance company image by conducting and participating in various media events, conferences, exhibitions, seminars, high end trainings etc.
• Represent the company at high level delegations, conferences, committee meetings, and at formal functions.
• Promote the company to local, regional, national, and international arena.
• Present company annual financial report.
• Oversee the administration of all legal licenses as well as involvement in negotiations of major corporate agreements and joint venture avenues.
• Identify acquisition and merger opportunities and direct implementation activities.
• Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
Be responsible for the following regular reports to the CEO:
• Weekly Performance Summary
• Monthly Performance Review – including Current Month’s P&L Report
• Monthly Forecast of Next Month’s P&L
• Achieving the agreed P&L
• Initial draft of new Business Plan for increasing the market share of company
• Execution of new Business Plan after the CEO has approved it in its final form
• Improving the sales and service levels of the existing outlets and develop new outlets and capture the untapped market.
• Increasing the Operational efficiency by leading and coordinating the operation of the departments
• Financial controls: from annual overview to day-to-day budgeting
• Café & Coffee Industry sector dominance
• Cost control and growth in the bottom-line performance
• Take the lead in the growth of the company by continuous enhancement of operations, developing and opening new Cafes and coffee outlets, increasing production output, and ensuring the attainment of bottom-line objectives.
• Be a leader by example and involve deeply to execute programs that maintain and uplift the morale of all team members of company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree is preferred
• At least 10 years experience
• At least 5+ years experience in a Senior Management level position, and 2 years as a GM
• Experience in managing retail operations with exposure to all stages of retail outlet projects through feasibility study conducted through bankable standards and engineering construction stages.
• Must have experience in the field of Coffee Houses
• Should have experience working with at least 1000+ employees
• Able to grow business from 150 outlets to 200+
• Open to all nationalities with Middle East Experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
• Salary is open and will reflect experience levels and interview performance
About the Company
British Company with an expanding office in Dubai.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
General Manager - Sales and Marketing
General Manager - Sales and Distribution
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jun|
Country Operations Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Chief Operating Officer
Vice President of Hospitality
Talent Search Group (TSG)
|Saudi Arabia||9 Jul|