Job description / Role
Responsible for providing strategic, operational leadership and management to meet the short, medium and long term goals of the project/operation.
The role requires a self-motivated and results-driven individual to direct and manage our organization's business activities plus develop and implement effective business strategies and programs.
For this role the individual should be a thoughtful leader, confident decision-maker and possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting, and finance skills. Plus, should account for all business activities, support staff development, enhance efficiency, drive sales and improve revenue, maintain relationships with clients, enhance the organization's image, and meet overall growth objectives.
• Manage and oversee daily business operations consistent with company policies and practices.
• Deliver on defined business goals and objectives.
• Development and ongoing reporting/analysis of operational budget, including the monthly and quarterly reporting process.
• Maintain an active awareness of cost management across the operations and assist in implementing mitigation strategies where necessary.
• Achieve the long-term sustainability of the business by actively seeking, investigating and assessing growth opportunities that complement and add value to the operations.
• Understand the market dynamics and leveraging company assets and resources to maximize ROI.
• Review and implementation of systems that support the operations to deliver on goals and objectives
• Establish and maintain a competent and motivated Management Team by providing guidance, coaching and support as required to assist the team to retain a strong focus on meeting the targets and objectives of the operations.
• Optimize multiple resources (finance, people, IT) to achieve objectives.
• Degree in business management or in similar field (accounting, finance, economics, etc..).
• Tertiary qualifications in mining, engineering or equivalent.
• Strong financial acumen (including budgeting and forecasting) gained within an operational mining environment (i.e. mining contracting and mineral exploration).
• Knowledge of mine safety and inspection act & regulations.
• Strong management and leadership skills with a high degree of accountability.
• Outstanding analytical skills, able to appreciate the big picture and apply strategic and analytic thinking to effectively implement this in practical terms.
• Highly skilled written and verbal communication, literacy, numeracy and presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and consultative skills with the ability to interact with Management, employees, and all stakeholders.
• Knowledge of business process and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.).
• Problem-solving aptitude and willingness to make appropriate and timely decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation, organizational and planning abilities.
• Demonstrate good working knowledge and experience in developing and implementing strategic plans, management policies, strategies and systems.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Director of Strategy & Business Development
Bassam T. AlTamimi & Partners Trading Co. Ltd. (BTTCO)
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
|Saudi Arabia||20 Sep|
General Manager - Company Formation
Regional Operations Manager/Director – Catering and Facilities Services
Big Fish Recruitment