Job description / Role
Geographic Information System (GIS) Director - Saudi Arabia
* Role: Geographic Information System (GIS) Associate Director
* Location: Saudi Arabia
* Package: Competitive tax-free expat package
A top tier construction group and I are seeking a Geographic Information System (GIS) Associate Director for a Giga development in Saudi Arabia.
To lead the GIS function by leading a team that collects data from different sources, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders. Create GIS policies, standards manual, QA/QC procedures on data delivery. Deliver the GIS model and enhance / regularly update the system in order to develop a clear and reliable GIS. Make geospatial data available easily to enable stakeholders to make better quality decisions. Deliver the GIS aspects of the Digital Twin to enable the Smart Destination strategy.
* Develop GIS Strategy that addresses the future direction for GIS technologies.
* Develop the GIS aspects of the Digital Twin and work with the Smart Destination team to provide requirements and build prototypes.
* Investigate and prepare the company for future technology, geospatial and information management system changes to exploit emerging opportunities.
* Provide a link to other data teams such as BIM, surveying and Information Management teams to provide a development wide platform.
* Manage diverse project portfolio, and guide project decisions regarding technical approach, cost implications, and project scheduling to ensure cost-effective and timely-manner delivery.
* Create policy and guidelines for company GIS, aligned to international standards, in collaboration with governmental authorities and ensure alignment with Saudi requirements.
* Define data needs, project requirements, and required outputs with stakeholders, GIS team and related functions, and bridge information to develop strong high quality structured data.
* Lead data gathering, analysis for integrating spatial data, and data from various sources to work on defining architectural guidelines, defining how the information on the GIS will be displayed.
* Lead the compilation process of geographic data from a variety of sources including censuses, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, and existing maps in order to gather the data needed for the GIS system.
* Lead spatial data analysis for geographic statistics and incorporate into documents and reports in order to enhance the GIS system.
* Lead data collection from remote sensing techniques, survey, aerial photographs, satellite images and other sources to create maps, charts, and drawings of the Earth's surface.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, GIS or any related field
* Master's or MBA (Preferred)
* PMP (Preferred)
* 18 years of experience out of which a minimum of 8 must have been in a similar position or senior position.
* Have good knowledge with ArcGIS desktop applications, ArcGIS online and managing multiuser geodatabase's
* Project Management
* Time Management
* Team Building
* Data Management
* GIS Software
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.
Urban Planner / GIS Expert (Architect)
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Urban Planner / GIS Expert (Architect)
Urban Planner / GIS Expert (Architect) - Arabic Speaking