Job description / Role
Consulting - Finance - Government Accounting and Reporting - Senior Manager (Riyadh/Abu Dhabi)
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, consulting, advisory, tax and strategy services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
Due to the growth of our government reporting consulting team, we currently have an opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Manager with a proven track record of high-quality delivery of client projects, strong technical knowledge and a commercially rounded mindset, and an ability to work in a demanding project and transformation environment. We would like to hear from Senior Managers with experience of working on transformation projects around accrual accounting conversion under the International Public Sector Accounting Standards ("IPSAS") framework and ability to support optimising the balance sheets of government entities converting from cash basis of accounting to accrual under privatization mandates.
As a Senior Manager,
- You will be expected to contribute to building and continuous refreshing of the long-term vision and strategy to continue growing the business. You will also take ownership in business development activities and shall start pursuing opportunities and leading their delivery;
- You will be expected to lead team members driving excellence, meet with the team strategy and required KPIs, and be active on business development and thought leaderships about specific accounting matters.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills (PMP) as the delivery role requires senior client and stakeholder management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on high profile clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- You will be expected to keep on developing your personal skills taking a keen interest in trends in digital delivery and technology and the impact on the cash to accrual conversion exercises with the government clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- You will be expected to manage a global mindset and ability to connect with other colleagues across the consulting line of services and other Line of services within PwC, so we can bring to our clients high value multidisciplinary solutions
- You will be expected to design, structure and tailor potential solutions to our government taking into account the public finance framework requirements, IMF requirements and the existing finance laws within the government to ensure our recommendations add value to our clients.
- You will be expected to stay on top of the existing IPSAS and IFRS standards, and the relevant exposure drafts that could result in shaping the structure of the government to optimise the value of those standards managing the government.
- You will be expected to lead, coach, train and mentor junior staff, and support their growth and drawing their career path
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high-quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Public Administration, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, etc. MBA is a plus.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role -CPA, ACA, ACCA (or equivalent).
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role: PMP, PFM and IPSAS related certificates, digital certificates is a plus.
- Years of Experience : 8 + years of relevant experience in IPSAS, IFRS, cash to accrual conversion, preferably within a professional services environment. Background in Audit and dealing with financial statements and accounting standards is key
- In-depth understanding of public finance management and government accounting and reporting
- Strong interest and passion for developing people and working collaboratively.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven soft skills in the following-Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Arabic speaking is mandatory, fluency in English is preferred.
- The ability and willingness to work in KSA.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.