Job description / Role
Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Review all government certificates & licenses for the company. Be responsible to ensure that there is a clear tracker to track all legal documents required for our business interests; renew them and also update the country management team. This would also involve looking after different business units in Saudi for the company.
• Establish contacts in the bureaus of the heads of Govt. depts., regulatory authorities and the key ministries of labor, trade, transportation, foreign affairs and all government department.
• To work with the HR Manager to ensure that we are 100% legal in all labor and employee related issues not restricted to only Iqama issuance and renewal, and follow up on GR daily tasks confirming that the GR representatives complete assigned tasks in a timely and effective way, in addition to developing a performance evaluation report
• Updating the employees' files with HR from time to time, and make the necessary modifications for the resident permits if any personal information update or amendment is required. Moreover, the vehicle registers must be updated and renewed in both hard and soft copies, and should be constantly updated; thus, utilizing Muqeem in tracking Iqamah, Ext-Re & Visit visa and generate weekly reports.
• Support customer service department to resolve customer's issues with Ministry of commercial.
• Work with HR closely to make sure all employees are under our sponsorship and transfer them within clear timeframe. Most importantly to maintain a tracker that will make sure that HR and country management team has a bi monthly report with all details of employees, nationality and dependent details; renewal dates etc
• Update the Management for any news & updates in the government policies and Laws.
• Master governmental electronic applications and activate relevant online access and back-up plan e.g. passports, Office of Labor, TAQAT and GOSI to run the transactions and to ensure access all time. Insure updating management with Saudization regulations following up with the Nitaqat Program to obtain the benefits and avoid violation.
• Provides reports and analysis from our system in government.
• Support the company to get the new work visas. Also help the team set up a system for travel invites for visitors out of Saudi Arabia.
• Make sure the company should be on the dark green minimum on government system (NITAQAT).
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.