Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
Job Description & Summary
Our Human Resources Government Relations team provides concierge and office support to all of our Internal Firm Services teams as well as plans, organizes, and implements administrative systems that help support our employees. We are looking to employ a GR Manager with outstanding leadership, analytical and communication skills.
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You will focus on helping the local offices in driving the Firm's people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm-wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm-wide success in the marketplace.
It takes talented people to support the largest professional services organization in the world. A GR Manager is expected to perform strategic guidance to support the day-to-day needs of managers and employees, to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You will have excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, GR Manager should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of relationship building, staffing management and training.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
The role will manage the communication with all Government Offices, Ministries, Chamber of Commerce, Police Departments etc. as required. You will also obtain, maintain and renew arrangements with immigration, passport authorities and foreign embassies to ensure the smooth movement of employees and visitors.
As a manager, you'll work with a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Assist with all internal and external GR related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures related to GR.
- Developing and implementing timely and cost effective processes to manage passport and visa activities ensuring documents are tracked and reports are available to monitor progress.
- Developing internal and external relationships using formal and informal channels to liaise with appropriate authorities / bodies or contact persons to resolve any problems or matters concerning the Company, its operations or employees.
- Acting as an ambassador for the department and company ensuring that business visas to other countries are obtained from foreign embassies / consulates as required by the business.
- Establishing and maintaining planning documentation to ensure that key milestones are achieved.
- Acting as the first point of contact for management with regards to government relations.
- Overlook GR operations.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Manage the organization's employee database and prepare reports related to GR operations.
- Produce and submit reports on all requested GR activity.
- Keep up to date with the latest GR trends and best practices.
GR Manager Requirements:
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Deep knowledge of governmental procedures
- Familiar with Google programs (sheets, slides, doc...etc)
- Efficient HR administration preferably holds deputy HR manager.
- Excellent Analytics skills and reporting systems.
- Record-keeping skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Creative thinking in the digital field and strategy formulation, able to learn new analytics software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.