Job description / Role
As Group Director, Sales & Marketing, your responsibilities include marketing, promoting, selling and distribution logistics for over 3200 hotel and residential rooms in the Holy city of Makkah under the Brand names of Raffles, Fairmont and Swissotel, Hotels & Resorts. You will manage a team of +75 people in multiple departments including Sales, Marketing, PR, Revenue Management and call center. These departments will be a mix of group function, selling all three Brands or hotel centric and selling/working for just one Brand.
The group position oversees the three brand hotels in the Holy city of Makkah including: Raffles Makkah Palace, Swissotel Makkah and the iconic Makkah clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. This trilogy of hotels anchor the Abraj Al Bait complex, adjacent to the Masjid al Haram, which houses the Kaaba, the holiest site in Islam
Raffles Makkah Palace
An unrivalled 214 all-suite hotel within an immaculate and intimately opulent sanctuary with full views of the Masjid al Haram . The Raffles Makkah Palace will focus on providing attentive yet discrete service with an innate understanding of the needs and wants of the elite and discerning Muslim traveler.
Makkah clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel
The Fairmont Hotel under the moniker at Makkah clock Royal Tower it will serve as the iconic flagship property within the Abraj Al Bait complex, and has quickly become one of the iconic hotels within the Fairmont Brand. Dominating the skyline of new Makkah, the hotel boasts dedicated floors for the exclusive use of Saudi Royalty and Muslim diplomatic delegations. Extensive meeting and banquet facilities - a first for Makkah it will allow Fairmont the ability to drive meetings and incentive business into the hotel. This hotel also includes branded residential units and a total of 1503 units
The Swissotel Makkah is the largest property amongst the Abraaj Al Bait complex with 1487 rooms and suites. This property will offer pilgrims and Umrah groups a refined upscale experience in the holy city with its renowned Swiss hospitality
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the head of the Makkah , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Achievement of the three properties Total Hotel revenue goals as set forth in each hotel's business plan.
- Direct and manage all activity related to the Group Sales, Revenue, Marketing, PR and Reservation departments and ensuring all standards (procedural and Brand) are followed.
- Direct all promotional and marketing initiatives for the hotels.
- Provide guidance and direction in the development of segment and key account action plans and strategies.
- Set individual room revenue and/or room night goals, ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and manage the Sales Incentive Programs.
- Supports Global Sales Offices and monitors the working relationship and production.
- Responsible for all colleagues achievement of individual goals and quotas on an annual basis.
- Maintain an efficient and effective office environment through daily line-ups, weekly one-on-one sessions, weekly revenue and sales meetings.
- Review sales contracts, ensure the integrity of key accounts, the key prospect data base and monitoring of the sales software programs for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Insure the maintenance and operational efficiency of in-house sales technology and systems management.
- Coordinates the hotel's participation in multiple property and company-wide campaigns.
- Knowledgeable about the competitive set and will be on top of market-share statistics.
- Participate in select sales and promotional activities both on and off property.
- Prepare on an annual basis - strategic plan, Sales and Marketing Plan and Budget for approval .Balance operational, administrative and colleague needs.
- Follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6-10 Years Director level in Sales and Marketing.
- Multi property experience ideal.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications, Excel, Opera S&c and/or relevant computer applications as required.
- University/college degree in a related discipline required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required in English and Arabic required.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Ability to travel within the Gcc and internationally.
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Director of Marketing, Communication and Events - Education
Director of Sales and Marketing – Real Estate
Global Head of Sales
Nexus Insurance Brokers
Business Development Manager