Job description / Role
We are looking to recruit a strong financial controller for a listed business in Saudi Arabia. The Ideal candidate will be a bilingual accountant working with a listed company at HQ level and be based in Saudi Arabia
To ensure that all financial, tax & Zakat & operations are effectively executed within the SCOPA framework by assisting CFO in planning, arranging & reviewing funding requirements of future ventures, implementing & overseeing accurate production of reports, financial & legal controls & ensuring smooth operation by effective utilization of resources to support the Group's strategic objectives while ensuring compliance of applicable police, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure group financial targets are being followed up & embedded in all business unit plans by agreeing financial targets, reviewing quarterly targets & ensuring decisions link with financial plans in order to deliver on the agreed strategy.
- Ensure company's compliance with financial and legal regulations by ensuring the group is updated with the latest regulations through consultants & these are implemented internally in order to avoid legal complications.
- Ensure the maintenance of internal controls (e.g. vendor payments, payroll, bank funding movements) by reviewing controls on a regular basis to ensure minimizing financial risks
- Provide overall direction for new ventures relevant to the Financial arena by carrying out financial analysis, with the support of Investment Department for ventures e.g. investments abroad, divestment & mergers to ensure success for the venture & minimize risks
- Maintain group financial records & systems in accordance with SOCPA & accounting principles by ensuring the group is updated with changes in standards to ensure group financial reports are accepted by auditors & regulatory authorities.
- Recruit, lead, develop & appraise the finance team & finance controllers by providing coaching & advising on external training to ensure the team is highly motivated & trained to meet business requirements.
- Make financial recommendations to the company's CFO based on financial reports & special analysis to ensure business goals & targets are met.
- Lead specific business projects (e.g. recapitalization of companies, support for OpCo's) by reviewing & scoping the projects & evaluating results to ensure return on investment with close coordination with Investment Dept
- Review Group funding requirements & arranging for any borrowing requirements by reviewing & challenging long term requirements of OpCo's, match with available facilities & arrange to cover any shortfall to ensure OpCo's & Group projects are executed on time
- Assist the Group CFO in preparing for Board & Shareholder reports by providing analysis & explanations on financial indicators & elements to ensure the Board & Shareholders / Regulatory authorities are fully aware of any significant items which are part of the published financial reports
- Must be a Chartered Accountant, Management Accountant - ACA, CA, ACC, CPA, CMA
- Must have previous experience of working with a Big4
- Must have listed company working experience in Saudi Arabia
- 8-10 years post qualification experience at a senior level / executive level in a large listed diversified organization.
- Must be bi lingual - Arabic and English
- The preference for the role will be given to a Saudi national (Due to the government's program to promote Saudi nationals). However, if you are not a Saudi national but fulfil the above requirements and have a transferable iqama within Saudi Arabia, then please feel free to apply.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Robert Half International (RHI)
|Saudi Arabia||24 Jan|
Robert Half International (RHI)
Head of Finance
|Saudi Arabia||20 Jan|
CFO - Finance Transformation
A Leading Water & Beverages Company in Saudi Arabia