Job description / Role
* As the Group General Counsel, you will provide strategic Legal advice to the Group's senior stakeholders and act as the point of referral for all Legal matters.
* You will also act as the Board Secretary and keep detailed records of their discussions.
A publicly listed conglomerate who trade and distribute goods in the Middle East.
* Provide Legal counsel to the Group CEO, the Board and internal stakeholders.
* Manage the large volume of commercial contracts and ensure that they are unified.
* Review and revise any outsourced Legal work to ensure it is up to Group standards.
* Mitigate the Group's risk and remove liability from all aspects of the business.
* Represent the Group in court and uphold the Group's interests in all Legal cases brought by and to the Group.
* Manage external stakeholders, like external counsel for litigation, investors, financing institutions, shareholders etc.
* Manage internal Legal function and mentor the Legal team.
* Competitive salary and incentive structure.
* Opportunity to work directly with senior stakeholders and autonomy of decision making.
* Dynamic, exciting environment with a focus on expansion.
* Minimum 7 post qualification experience in an in-house role or in private practice, 2 of which spent in - house.
* LLB from accredited university, LLM preferable
* Must be a Saudi National and have experience working in a publicly listed entity
* Minimum 1 year previous experience as Board Secretary.
* Be quick and decisive and advise senior stakeholders in a timely manner.
* Excellent communication, stakeholder management and leadership skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.