Job description / Role
Purpose of the job:
• To manage company’s comprehensive quality assurance program focused on establishing procedures, systems and controls in place to support the various business process within the company.
• To plan, coordinate and supervise the activities performed to ensure that standards of QMS management systems, international codes standards, contract and legislative requirements are implemented and met effectively.
• To develop and maintain appropriate quality standards for services provided by company by ensuring processes comply with regulatory and industry quality requirements and appropriate safety standards are maintained.
• To ensure policies associated with Safety, Health, Environment and Quality are adhered to both on and off-site and develop a plan for company to obtain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certification.
• Acts independent of other functions and enforces and monitors all the procedures relating to SHEQ compliance on behalf of the CEO.
• Develops the corporate quality manual and safety manual, taking into consideration all relevant laws and regulations, and ensures its implementation.
• Identifies better practices and leads continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices.
• Identifies the safety training needs across the company and propose a training plan to the Training and Development department within HR.
• Initiates safety audits and inspection of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure compliance with safety laws and regulations.
• Investigates accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
• Maintains liaisons with external organizations such as fire departments, mutual aid societies, and rescue teams to facilitate emergency response.
• Identifies hiring needs of the SHEQ Department and coordinates with the HR Department for their fulfillment.
• Plans, coordinates, and directs the quality control program designed to ensure continuous service consistency with the established standards.
• Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with service procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize service reliability and minimize costs.
• Develops QMS awareness, incentives & motivation programs to spread awareness & ensure full compliance with QMS programs.
• Keeps abreast of QMS international developments, new legislations, standards & instructions within country of operations and assesses the suitability and viability of implementing or incorporating these into current policies and procedures.
• Ensures accurate QMS statistics are reported, documented and analyzed, and mitigation measures are identified as per the statistics reporting procedure.
• Evaluates the performance of subordinates in line with the Company process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent from an accredited institute
• Professional certifications such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
• Minimum of 10 years of Supervisory level experience in Safety Management / Quality Assurance / Quality Control related to construction and fabrication of oil and gas industry, petrochemical plants and power generation projects.
• Extensive working knowledge of ISO and OHSAS standards
• Good knowledge and understanding of quality standards and processes, other related international standards including ISO 9001, ASME, NB process optimization and management systems Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Good organizational, communication and planning skills
• Proven work experience, domain knowledge and expertise in quality assurance and quality control
• Decision making quality based upon analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
About the Company
The Gulf Recruitment Group was set-up to supply the Gulf Region with Finance, HR, Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain professionals sourcing only the best Global talent for your business.
Your team is crucial to your own success, so why would you trust the search to anyone other than a firm you can have complete confidence in to get you the best possible people on the market?.
The recruitment consultancy industry as a whole is set up not to consult and provide direction, but to sell you a job. We believe that a recruitment consultant should be a partner in your search, providing a truly consultative approach with the technical knowledge and ability not only to understand your needs, but the expertise to identify the roles that will provide you with a combination of short, medium and long-term success.
We screen and professionally interview face-to-face all candidates on our books, so you can be sure that the candidates we send to you for your vacancy are of the highest standard, saving you time and ensuring that you only hire the best.
Ignite Search & Selection
HSE Manager - Site Based
Swisslinx Middle East
Regional EHSS & QS Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)