Job description / Role
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing health and safety leadership and direction for the program.
• Serving as the health and safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators, and staff.
• Supporting the assurance director and client’s assurance, governance, and compliance manager to deliver the vision, mission, and values of the client’s assurance strategy and associated assurance plans.
• Supporting the delivery of the objectives of the client health and safety management plan including evaluating the program risk profile and monitoring the adequacy of the management system and associated assurance activity, monitoring the adequacy of the management system procedures, recommending improvements, and determining compliance with legal and other requirements and recommending improvements.
• Monitoring delivery team compliance with applicable client and legal requirements.
• Supporting the assurance director and client assurance, governance, and compliance manager monitoring and maintaining the legal requirements register.
• Documenting and maintaining accurate assurance records, supporting the delivery teams with findings, recommendations, and closeout.
• Carrying out trend analysis and recommending improvements to the district and city-level assurance plans.
• Managing health and safety resources and related departmental budgets.
• Recommending improvements to health and safety procedures and developing and implementing updates within the area of expertise as needed to client baseline.
• Supporting Incident review committees within the scope of works, ensuring compliance with applicable client requirements.
• Providing functional support to the delivery teams when discharging contractually required obligations such as formal contractor documentation reviews.
• Establishing collaborative ways of working with delivery, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clear and understood, resources are targeted at critical risks, and minimizing duplication of effort.
• Supports the verification of key performance indicator data within the scope of works.
• Supporting the delivery team to develop and share innovation and best practices across the wider program.
• Providing advice and guidance to other HSW professionals within clients and champions the professional development of colleagues.
• Performing other responsibilities, such as participating in corporate working groups, associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• You have a relevant health and safety level 6 qualification, undergraduate or postgraduate degree, and charter ship via a recognized Institution or equivalent, experience working on major/complex infrastructure (preferably in the GCC).
• An ISO-qualified auditor is preferable.
• Accredited incident investigation training (such as IIAI) is preferable, and experience working in the Middle East Region is preferred, with an appreciation of worker welfare standards.
• Extensive experience with assurance programs on comparable major/complex programs/projects.
• Extensive experience with international construction standards such as OSHA.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships, and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
QS Quest Global Markets Ltd.
|Saudi Arabia||25 Jul|
HSE Manager - Construction
|Saudi Arabia||19 Aug|
Health & Safety Advisor
HSE Manager (Renewable Energy)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited