Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded across the projects, sites and office environments in compliance with local and international rules and regulations.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Provide advice, support and training on compliance with relevant (legal and business) HSE requirements for our offices across the region
* Promote and encourage positive behaviours in support of the achievement of positive health, safety and environmental culture
* Contribute to the development and implementation of HSE policies, procedures and standards
* Manage the HSE internal audit programme for projects and offices
* Conduct internal HSE audits and concisely assess levels of compliance with business and legal requirements
* Manage office HSE incidents reported through the iSMS portal, ensuring incidents are investigated, closed out and lessons are shared within the business
* Assist the bids team for HSE input, including the collecting of statistics and procedures for the submissions of bids
* Manage and drive business HSE training needs analysis and support the delivery of training and awareness sessions as required (projects and premises)
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc in health and safety or equivalent e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ Level 6 or NCRQ Diploma etc.
* Hold a recognised environmental and sustainability qualification
* Hold an auditing qualification for ISO 45001 and 14001, at least internal auditor level
* Be a member of a professional association, IOSH, IIRSM and IEMA
* Approved IOSH-UK Tutor
* Experienced user of MS Office Suite
* Minimum of 10 years working experience managing and implementing health, safety and environmental policies and procedures in a similar business
* Fluent in English and Arabic
* KSA National.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.