Health, Safety & Environment & Business Continuity Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Risk & Quality (R&Q)
Job Description & Summary
The Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) & Business Continuity (BC) Senior Manager is part of the Business Resilience team and operates across all lines of service. The position is responsible for maintaining regional standards of business continuity, environment health and safety management in line with any regional regulatory control and ME PwC firm policy. Ensuring continual improvement in the firm's business continuity and, health and safety management systems (BCMS and EHSMS). This covers compliance for all PwC ME firm offices as well as incident management/ business continuity plans and the health and safety procedures to ensure the safety of our visitors and third party contractors working in our offices.
The role of the HSE & BC Senior Manager is to act as the front line for the business. The HSE & BC Senior Manager is responsible for providing a smooth, efficient and effective service to the client facing teams in relation to their area of expertise and acting as a sign post to direct teams to the appropriate business partners for other specialist support.
The HSE & BC Senior Manager at this level must operate with a pragmatic mindset and be solution oriented. Demonstrating an ability to balance risks identified with maintaining a commercial outlook in their approach to answering queries. The role is more than just following policy or processes and includes applying business judgment, understanding of the business, its operations, products and services. The HSE & BC Senior Manager Should have deep relationships with Partners within the business.
- Support Business Resilience Team Lead in budget preparation
- Ensure cost efficiency of all department activities
- Adhere to the Business Resilience budget
- Keep up to date on current, revised and future relevant health and safety legislation and recognised best practice; and assess the implications to the firm's health and safety management system and possible impact on operations and services
- Maintain and update as required the EHSMS, advising the appropriate stakeholders of the necessary measures to ensure compliance and ME firm best practice
- Identify the associated EHS risks and develop and maintain appropriate procedures to mitigate these risks
- Coordinate with EHS champions in each office to support them in the implementation of the recommended mitigation measures
- Ensure environment health and safety guidance for staff, office managers and contractors is maintained to ensure all parties receive appropriate information in an accurate and timely manner which will ensure the risks identified are managed
- Contribute to the wider management of Environment Health & Safety (EH&S) by: Supporting the Business Resilience Team in security and evacuation matters as necessary
- Leading or supporting projects or other initiatives
- The management of a health and safety assistants, setting objectives and work plans to support the EH&S function
- Maintain and update as required the BCMS, advising the appropriate stakeholders of the necessary measures to ensure they have in place robust incident management and business continuity plans
- Coordinate with BC champions in each office and business function to support them in the implementation of their BCPs and Incident Management plan
- Develop, maintain and run an annual programme of training and testing of the BCP across the region
- Maintain the Firm's ISO 22301 certification, and manage the external certification process
- Supports in the development of all Risk & Quality policies, procedures, processes and controls
- Engages with Risk Team Leads to roll out and implement policies, procedures etc
- Maintain and manage the ISO 45001 certification for Abu Dhabi and expand it onto other Middle East offices as deemed necessary
- Ensure that all business continuity and incident management plans are maintained
- Support and coordinate the review of the Business Impact Analysis across the region, to identify if the business continuity strategies and plans are still appropriate, and where not update accordingly.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects related to EHS and Business Continuity
- Manage and support implementation of associated applications for business continuity and health and safety, including identifying new applications.
Learning & Growth
- Meets with relevant business stakeholders and LoS R&Q Partners regularly to ensure optimal relationships
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and team members
- Contribute to an environment of teamwork within the R&Q team
- Act as a key resource and liaise with other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationship
- A professional or academic qualification (degree level or equivalent), or extensive relevant and practical experience.
- BCI Certificate or equivalent
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic is advantageous
- 6+ years of relevant experience with 4+ years in a Business Resilience, health and safety or business continuity role
- Experience in the Professional Services industry in a top tier Big 4 firm preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk averse/risk management skills
- Process oriented
- Organization skills
- Thoroughness and eye for detail
- Time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical conduct
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.