Job description / Role
At Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, exceptional service and flavours are the hallmarks of every dining experience. As a hostess, Service focused personality is essential, you will work with your team to create unforgettable experiences for our guests.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Handle table reservations, control the flow and seating of guests, and perform the hostess' duties in a manner consistent with the standards set by the Resort.
- Take over duties from the previous shift. Hand over properly before leaving.
- Check, update and follow up on daily events.
- Check and update poster daily according to the meal period.
- Check, advice and co-ordinate with the Station's Captain on daily events and summary.
- Handle reservations and enquiries.
- Greet and seat the guests.
- Allocate the tables accordingly.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the menus and beverage list as well as the resort's activities.
- Present the menus and make recommendations.
- Interact with the guests and obtain feedback.
- Assist the station staff during busy periods.
- Bid the guests farewell and thank them for their patronage.
- Ensure that restaurant seating is maximised at all meal periods.
- Upsell and cross-sell other Venues.
- Ensure that the Hostess desk is neatly arranged well stocked and cleaned at all times.
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively and collaboratively as part of a team
Your team and working environment:
- Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.