Job description / Role
Memorable experiences for our Colleagues is the essence of being a Leader with Banyan Tree Al Ula. As a House Laundry Manager, your attention to detail will show the Housekeeping team that you are committed to providing luxury Colleague experiences. The energy and enthusiasm you display will create a "fun" place to work.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service to all colleagues.
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle colleague concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure all colleagues are informed daily about priorities in the department
- Establish and maintain constructive, supportive and professional colleague relationship
- Working knowledge of financial reporting structures (budgets, labor, productivity, revenue, expenses)
- Responsible for the recruitment, training and ongoing performance management of all Laundry/Valet colleagues
- Assist in balancing operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Report necessary maintenance items in a timely manner and maintain open communication with Engineering team
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Adhere to Grooming Guidelines
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar capacity in a hotel
- Housekeeping or Laundry environment
- Proven training skills
- Experience with Hotel Property Management System, Micros
- Fidelio desirable
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and Guest
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
Your team and working environment:
- Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla's nature, art, and ancestry.
- Saudi Nationals currently holding this position are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.