Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our HR Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day personnel operations, confidential certificate issuing, employee relations management etc., and ensuring adherence to policies.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health insurances, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Advise management on appropriate resolution of employee related issues
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Assist in the development of department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements Labour relations
Benefit and entitlements administration
- Conduct investigations as needed to resolve employee relations and legal issues and advise management on appropriate resolution
- Conduct wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate in coordination with Group Rewards
- Insurance and health benefits
- Develop the business plan of the HR Department in line with the Division objectives and strategic objectives of Chalhoub
- Develop, implement and coordinate policies and programs covering:
- Ensure exit interviews of resigned staff are being conducted
- Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents within team
- Ensure new employee induction is properly implemented
- Ensure timely response to employees' queries
- Facilitate and support change efforts and champion employees' needs
- Finalize and follow-up on offer letters and salary certificates with GMs and management
- Formulate and communicate the HR Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Manage and control leaves and absences for all staff and submit data for payroll
- Monitor the yearly budget of the department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Oversee and approve on employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to disclose reasons behind separations
- Oversee programs for employee Training and Development and advise Management in identifying development needs and providing training opportunities
- Oversee recruitment process in coordination with Division Managers and Chalhoub Group HR during selection, hiring, offers, man power planning and long-term staffing strategies
- Oversee the operations of the department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Prepare employee warning/separation notices and related documentations and conducts exit interviews
- Provide counseling to employees on all work-related issues
- Review the data entry of employees' confidential and financial records on HRMS (promotions, raises, performance appraisals...)
- Supervise staff turnover reports generation (New Comers, Leavers and total headcount), KPI report of services and internal memos provided
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Human Resource Management or related field
- SHRM, CIPD or additional HR Diplomas is preferable.
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards
- Proven experience of acting as change agent to bring about change
- Able to influence without authority and to be regarded as a credible trusted advisor to the business
- Employee centric with the ability to build trust and act as a coach and mentor for employees Self-aware, with the appropriate leadership skills to inspire, manage and develop high performing teams
- Comfortable with healthy challenge and able to operate at a strategic level
- Experience of working in a fast-pace, matrixed environments
- Commercially minded with the ability to manage budgets, and interpret complex data and analytics to support decision making
- Resilient and able to effectively balance multiple priorities in line with deadlines
- Exceptional communication, relationship-building, and project management skills
- Future focused with the ability to use creative and inspiring approaches to enhance employee experience programs, concepts and technique
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.