Job description / Role
We are looking for a HSE Director to join our ongoing project in NEOM.
A typical week would include:
• Drive a proactive, best-in-class HSE culture and performance by developing strategies to address key HSE risks, ensure regulatory and customer compliance, and enhance personal safety, driving, and environmental performance.
• Lead and oversee the development, review, implementation, and overall governance of the HSE Management System, including policies, procedures, training, audits, and reporting requirements.
• Work closely with the Client representative and Senior Leadership team to drive the implementation of industry-leading HSE tools, programs and initiatives, and establish action plans to achieve HSE objectives and targets.
• Collaborate with management to plan and implement a safety protocol budget.
• Oversee the operations on the project and identify opportunities to improve the safety regulations.
• Perform safety audits and physically inspecting all work areas and job sites to identify possible safety issues.
• Conduct risk assessments to minimize workplace accidents, occupational illnesses, or long-term health hazards.
• Prepare monthly or annual safety reports and presenting the information to management.
• Lead investigations of HSE-related and driving incidents (including near misses) to identify root cause(s) and implementation of effective corrective/preventive actions.
• Engage with our Clients, Contractors and Stakeholders to ensure our projects are delivered using best global practices around Health, Safety and Environment
• Promote a positive and best in class health, safety and wellbeing culture
• Responsible for managing and improving the HSE Management System in accordance with ISO 45001 and 14001 to maintain our accreditation and ensure compliance with all global and regional legislative requirements.
• Continuously challenge and review our HSE management practices to ensure our Business Management Systems reflect the needs of our stakeholders and the HSE ways of working are best designed for impact and application by our business.
• Develop and deliver health, safety, environment and wellbeing strategies for the project, including a clear focus on the needs of our people and our clients in delivery of premier health and safety services
• Minimum of 25 years of direct safety and quality management experience, with 7 to 10 years in a relevant senior role.
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline from a reputable University
• Civil Engineering Sector Experience
• A hands-on executive who is visible and engaged leader.
• Strong leadership ability with a dynamic mind-set.
• Ability to establish and maintain trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders and ability to influence decision making across all levels.
• Ability to demonstrate strong commercial acumen combined with an analytical, creative and pro-active mind-set.
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Construction Health and Safety Manager
|Saudi Arabia||5 Apr|
HSE Manager - Construction - Immediate start
|Saudi Arabia||10 Feb|
A Leading Contracting Group In The UAE
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
HSE Operations Manager
TGC Middle East