Job description / Role
Our client is a leading Engineering Consultancy firm specializing in providing innovative and sustainable solutions for a wide range of projects in the field of Engineering and Facilities management. With a commitment to excellence and a focus on safety, our client is seeking a highly experienced Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) Director to lead our HSE efforts and ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, clients, and the communities we serve.
As the HSE Director - Facilities Management Specialist, you will play a critical role in shaping and implementing the health, safety, and environmental strategies for our projects in facilities management. You will work closely with our multidisciplinary teams, clients, and stakeholders to ensure that our projects adhere to the highest safety standards and environmental sustainability practices. Your leadership will be instrumental in creating a culture of safety excellence within our organization.
• Develop and implement the company's HSE strategy, policies, and objectives, aligning them with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Provide strategic guidance to senior management on HSE matters, fostering a proactive and safety-first culture.
• Stay updated on relevant health, safety, and environmental regulations and ensure company-wide compliance.
• Collaborate with regulatory agencies and authorities as needed, representing the company's commitment to compliance.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
• Identify potential HSE risks associated with facilities management projects and develop effective mitigation plans.
• Conduct comprehensive risk assessments and audits to minimize incidents and accidents.
Training and Education:
• Develop and deliver HSE training programs for employees, contractors, and project teams.
• Promote continuous learning and awareness of HSE best practices throughout the organization.
• Establish robust incident reporting and investigation procedures.
• Lead investigations into HSE incidents, implement corrective actions, and prevent recurrence.
• Oversee environmental impact assessments and initiatives, striving for sustainability in facilities management projects.
• Recommend and implement green building practices and energy-efficient solutions.
Client and Stakeholder Engagement:
• Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to address their specific HSE requirements and concerns.
• Build and maintain strong relationships, demonstrating our commitment to safety and sustainability.
Budget and Resource Management:
• Manage the HSE department's budget effectively, allocating resources for training, equipment, and initiatives.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings through HSE improvements.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HSE management, with a focus on facilities management.
• Professional certifications such as CSP, CIH, or CEM are highly desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of local and international HSE regulations and standards.
• Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to influence and inspire others.
• Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
• Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and managing HSE professionals.
• Proven track record of successfully implementing HSE strategies in complex projects.
About the Company
Aquila Consulting is a Dubai based talent recruitment company established by individuals with unrivalled recruitment expertise in Global Search and Selection. We offer our clients a partner-centric, personalised, and mature approach to focusing and delivering on their international talent requirements.
What makes us stand out from the crowd is the rigor and passion we bring to the recruitment process. We offer unparalleled performance, transparency, and advocacy, taking the time to fully understand your organisational vision, culture, structure and leadership needs.
Aquila Consulting pride ourselves on seamlessly delivering the most efficient time and cost saving recruitment solution for your business.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies