Job description / Role
WSP are looking for a Health and Safety Inspector to supervise health, safety and environmental practices of contractors for day to day site operations and advise the contractor safety manager/officer on any health, safety and environmental breaches.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Monitor the implementation of health, safety and environmental arrangements at project site level, in accordance with legal and client requirements.
• Deliver health, safety and environmental training to WSP employees including but not limited to; induction, safe working practices.
• Review contractor’s health, safety and environmental plans, risk assessments and method statements against legal and client requirements prior to the work being carried out.
• Plan daily site visits across project sites to ensure health, safety and environmental measures are in place before works begins.
• Carry out joint HSE inspections with contractor HSE personnel and ensure all the corrective/preventive actions are closed out.
• Assist HSE Engineer with testing emergency response plans and ensure the drills are carried out as per the project schedule and performance standards.
• Follow up on contractor’s incident investigation reports and corrective actions are identified and closed out to prevent a recurrence and provide necessary technical guidance for accident protection.
• Embed the Zero Harm culture in all communications with contractor and client representatives.
• Report all safety observations to HSE Engineer.
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Diploma in Engineering or Safety.
• Must be qualified with relevant Health and Safety Qualifications(NEBOSH)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in dealing with major construction projects
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
MAYKS HR Consulting
Health and Safety Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||3 Jan|
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||18 Jan|