Job description / Role
We are currently looking for an experienced HSE Manager to be part of our project team based on a large Metro/Rail Project in Riyadh.
- The Manager Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) with a minimum of 15+ years' managerial experience will be required to verify, approve and monitor safety/environment standards across the Riyadh Metro network and operations.
- The scope of Health & Safety includes procedures and conditions of Operations and Maintenance of any staff, visitors, contractors inside any part of the Riyadh Metro premises and vehicles.
- He will be responsible for overseeing each O&M Contractor's safety management system, safety case development and submissions to the SRC.
- Through his inspection and audit team he will ensure a safe environment for passengers and staff including the investigation of incidents and accidents.
- He shall review all safety reports and advise the Employer on matters related to safety.
- The HSE manager will assist the Employer in the approval of the O&M Contractors Health and safety management system, railway safety procedures, fire safety procedures, occupational health and safety procedures and ensure the O&M Contractors compliance during the contract period.
- The HSE manager will also assist the Employer in the approval of the O&M Contractors environment management plan, and ensure the contractors compliance during the contract period.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region. We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree qualified: Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a related field
- 8+ years overall experience and preferably have experience similar to this project/role
- Rail/Metro project experience is preferable
- Previous experience working in Middle East, preferably Saudi Arabia
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 21 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consult
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).