Hydrogen Market Analyst
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
This newly created position will have overall responsibility in gathering, understanding, monitoring and developing market intelligence, insights and cost competitive analysis for the low carbon hydrogen (LCH) market and carbon economy. The Hydrogen Market Analyst will also execute activities related to pricing and cost competitiveness trends, low carbon hydrogen carrier developments/competitiveness, carbon economy evolution and technology developments that will help shape the market going forward.
Ultimately, these activities will help shape Aramco's strategy and support the business through ad-hoc analysis and/or periodical reports, which will center around screening and analyzing competitor developments; analyzing cost competitiveness through applicable feedstocks, technologies and processes; supply and demand; and regulatory developments.
The Hydrogen Market Analyst will Aramco's ultimate authority on the low carbon hydrogen/ammonia market.
- Assessing new developments from a market, regulatory and pricing perspective.
- Establishing and shaping pricing mechanisms for low carbon hydrogen and ammonia.
- Developing models and conducting landed-cost competitive analysis for LCH/ammonia for Aramco's target markets and competition, based on feedstock, technology and hydrogen carriers.
- Remaining current with all relevant hydrogen technology and market developments.
- Remaining current with respects to the future carbon economy and its application to Aramco and the wider hydrogen industry.
- Providing market insight and context to low carbon hydrogen competitive landscape to help shape strategy.
- Monitoring key competitors' behaviors, identifying and documenting their sources of competitive advantage and strategies.
- Providing insights and analysis of all applicable supply/demand fundamentals and pricing.
- Building and managing a data repository and general market intelligence; includes managing relationships with external data providers (e.g., S&P Global, Nexant, Wood Mac, etc.).
- Training and mentoring junior staff.
- Acting as the company's spokesperson on hydrogen market matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics/Business or Engineering related degree. An MBA, M.S or PhD in Chemical Engineering, other advanced professional engineering degree, and/or Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or registration is highly desirable.
- 10 years' experience and proven track record in the hydrogen/ammonia related markets, with specialist knowledge and experience of products, derivatives, applications and markets.
- Understanding of current technologies and processes for LCH/ammonia and different LCH carriers.
- Experienced with databases such I.H.S. and similar.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.