Job description / Role
Our Hygiene Manager will ensure implementation and compliance to our Environmental Health & Safety Management System. This individual will coordinate and ensure that hygiene and food safety guidelines are met with the implementation of HACCP System as mandated by the Government. In addition, coordinates, oversees, and/or performs administrative support for the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs, as well as develops and manages all culinary colleague records.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Ensure /support hazard identification and Risk assessments are carried out by all operations & implement adequate control measures
- Monitor trends and recommend pro-active action plans to remedy potential problems
- Facilitate, investigate and analyze incidents/accidents and make sure lessons learned are shared and communicated to the concerned parties, verify the continuing implementation and effectiveness of the Operations with regards to EHS.
- Carry out investigation on all alleged food poisoning cases.
- Assist the Culinary and F&B teams in HACCP implementation and certification
- Ensure Senior Management involvement and awareness in Environment, Health and Safety & Management System (EHSMS) and solve issues through training, inspections, communications, and direct coaching
- Comply with local and international food safety standards to maintain highest level of food safety and hygiene standards in the Resort.
- Review of Food safety management system, whenever required.
- Liaises with Government Food Control Authorities & other regulatory bodies to ensure legal compliance.
- Updating and revision of HACCP manual and system in HACCP meeting with the HACCP team
- Manage and coordinate EHS Audit, third party visits related to EHS. This will include visits by the authorities, authorized insurance companies and consultants, ensure all EHS activities are in accordance with the local legislation
- Manage and ensure the EHS yearly strategy is implemented by all departments, liaise with HODs to ensure that EHSMS, programs and initiatives meet Fairmont EHS standards
- Produce quarterly EHS reports and identify trends and occurrences
- Ensure Executive summary is updated and sent with regards to any EHS related matters
- Inspect large function venues to ensure that it falls within the EHS guidelines, including the food hygiene and Fire and Safety
- Support Managers in maintaining safe systems of work and implement best practices including providing specialist advise, coaching and practical support
- Conduct Workplace Inspections, Internal Audits and Risk Assessment in the Hotel periodically and ensure identified risks are managed and controlled report to the Executive Chef relating to non-conformances for action.
- Conduct refresher and ongoing basic food hygiene training for all colleagues
- Maintain and develop sustainability for hotel in cooperation with Accor guidelines.
- Providing the top management with the necessary reports on the EHS management system established within the property along with recommendations for improvement
- Responsible to establish audit requirements to ensure compliance in Occupational Safety and Environmental regulations
- Overseeing all audit results, evaluating trends, communicating results and establishing action plans to ensure the Resort remains in compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
- Leading and implementing safety strategies for the Resort.
- Providing expertise and specialist support on all aspects of H&S management
- Administer payroll records and vacation schedules for all culinary colleagues.
- Assist with the scheduling of chefs in all kitchens
- Assist with recruiting of culinary employees through candidate assessment and pre- screening
- Update and track manning guide and recruitments.
- Coordinate departmental trainings, seminars and competitions.
- Assist with food costing and menu development of menu items in both restaurants and banquets.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, expense reports and cheque requisitions.
Your experience and skills include:
- Degree in Food Safety or Microbiology required
- Advanced Food Safety Certificate required
- HAACP Internal Audit Certificate required
- Train the Trainer Certification preferred
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At
Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
ARCCO (Al Raeel National General Contracting Co.)
Health & Safety Supervisor
Project HSE Lead / Manager
Rotary Engineering Pte. Ltd.
Health & Safety Executive
A Leading Shipping Company In Fujairah