Job description / Role
IaaS Business Development Manager (KSA)
Oracle Consulting has a broad portfolio of services to support our customers in the adoption of Cloud Solutions. The MEA (Middle East and Africa) Business Development (BDM) team drives the overall Consulting GTM strategy and defines the framework/templates for IaaS and PaaS OC offerings. Tech Cloud Solution Line has a Business Development Manager to:
• Address all Sales and Delivery collateral for that Solution Line
• Execute GTM and Demand Generation programs for that Solution Line.
The Saudi Arabia (KSA) IAAS Business Development Manager is a Subject Matter Expert in Cloud Platforms and Migrations, in particular IaaS and complete Data Center migrations to the Cloud. He/she is also a thought leader, credible in front of customers and xLoB in the area of IaaS implementations and migrations.
The Business Development Manager is responsible to maximize the OC potential and to ensure that Consulting is positioned in all opportunities. He/she:
• Should have an extensive background in Cloud and ideally in a competitive platform.
• Will be part of Oracle’s MEA Consulting organization and all of the work undertaken must be focused on creating value for our customers whilst increasing Consulting bookings.
• Will cover all of KSA market, working closely with both regional Consulting Solution Line leads and country Consulting Sales.
• Will work closely with Software Sales, Pre-Sales, Enterprise Architects, Customer Success Managers and other Services LOB’s.
• Will need to be confident and capable of presenting and discussing Consulting solutions and services both on a 1:1 basis and at larger Customer, Partner or Sales events.
The role offers a high degree of personal autonomy and requires excellent self organization and self motivation skills. You should also be prepared to travel.
• Drives the Consulting services “go-to-market” strategy for IaaS at cluster level (KSA regions).
• Delivering a portfolio of services to migrate customers from OnPremise Data Centers or competitive Cloud Platforms to Oracle Cloud.
Works closely with:
• KSA License Sales leaders and Business Development org to align our GTM for IaaS.
• Virtual team of local and offshore Cloud Leads and Consulting Sales Reps in all MEA clusters
• License Sales Reps, Consulting Sales Rep, Marketing and Oracle Direct to understand the market and to come up with the right Consulting Value Propositions.
• With Consulting Sales Reps, directly supporting IaaS related opportunities through the sales-cycle, including possible customer interaction and proposal drafting.
• Understands the competitive landscape and is able to position Oracle Consulting services against services from competitors.
• Consulting point of contact for the Product Development team and Product Management
• Actively develops cooperation model(s) for selected partners and drives execution/engagement
• Supports delivery org (local & offshore) in doing the appropriate capability and capacity development and delivery enablement.
• Represents Oracle Consulting in external communications and marketing events.
• Networks within Oracle to ensure Consulting services are positioned within other product/business lines, events and activity.
• A strong background in and extensive knowledge of IaaS and Data Center migrations is key.
• A high level of commercial and business acumen gained through direct experience, previous Professional Services Business Development experience is preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to present confidently in front of 100+ people as equally as with 1 person
• An understanding of the competitive Services landscape is a benefit
• The ability to network extensively internally and externally to Oracle in order to create long-term valued business relationships
• A good level of spoken and written skills in English, while Arabic language is also preferred
• International sales or business development experience, preferably in professional services.
• YoY bookings growth for Consulting services for IaaS (EMEA level)
• Personal impact on closing “lighthouse” deals for OC in IaaS
• Recognition internally and externally as Business Leader in IaaS.
As a member of the Consulting organization, you will also be responsible for ensuring that a quality, integrated software solution is delivered in a timely manner, at budget, and to our client’s satisfaction. This involves working closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations, as well as working closely with Oracle and third-party vendors to ensure delivery.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences or Business or equivalent preferred. Balance of advanced technical skills, functional knowledge, client consultative skills and operational management experience. 4+ years of consulting services sales and/or management experience with P&L responsibility and 10-15 years consulting or industry experience.
Willing to travel regionally with some national/international travel.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
An experienced consulting professional who has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Works directly with Consulting sales to analyze customer business needs.
Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment in order to design business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Operates independently by applying Oracle methodology, company procedures, leading practices, and creativity to develop business solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. Influences customer leadership in acceptance of Oracle solutions and services to facilitate the closing of consulting deals. Contributes to statements of work, work breakdown structures and/or level of effort and staff plans. Presents and demonstrates solutions to customers. Builds and maintains a network and up-to-date specific industry or product knowledge. Responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation team. May lead solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated business solutions. Demonstrates expertise in multiple business processes within one product family; or architects and designs technology solutions that address cross stack issues.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Broad product, technology or industry expertise. Ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions. In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices. Knowledge of competitive and partner products, technology and solutions. Ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.