Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
ICITAP Curriculum Developer/Master-KSA
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world's toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia.
PAE is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division's International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP).
ICITAP is a cornerstone of America's global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. PAEis the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with PAE, it should not be considered an employment relationship with PAE.
PAE is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Curriculum Developer/Master Instructor in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). This position will be responsible for working with Special Force for Security and Protection (SFSP) personnel to develop, review, update and deliver academy curricula. (S)he will also work with SFSP personnel with instructor development experience to cultivate an instructor cadre to teach the jointly developed curricula.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the institutionalization of law enforcement development efforts within the host nation police in close collaboration with the ICITAP-KSA management team, OPM-MOI, and their host nation counterparts
- Work closely with the ICITAP-KSA management team on the development, revision, and delivery of short, medium, and long-term timelines and benchmarks that provide a roadmap to the achievement of overall program goals and objectives
- Provide comprehensive leadership to fully implement all program components in a timely and effective manner
- Conduct extensive research that identifies appropriate curriculum subject matter that takes into account public and institutional culture, law, policies, and best practices
- Evaluate existing SFSP curriculum to determine whether or not it meets current needs of SFSP
- Based upon research and evaluation results, determine what is to be taught, manner of instruction, necessary materials and logistics, appropriate target audience, and testing/evaluation processes for each course of instruction
- Recommend instructional methods such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises and role-playing appropriate for content and learner characteristics
- Develop and write curriculum that includes, at a minimum, the following formats:
- Course outlines
- Course syllabi
- Lesson plans
- Classroom activities
- PowerPoint presentations
- Multimedia supplemental materials such as podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Participate and facilitate, as directed, curriculum review and subject matter advisory meetings
- Analyze student performance data to determine effectiveness of instructional systems, courses, or instructional materials
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives
- Develop measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction or training interventions
- Coordinate with other U.S. Government agencies and other governments and international donors providing law enforcement development assistance to the host nation police agencies and work with these representatives to advance the goals and objectives of the program
- Perform other tasks as may be directed by the ICITAP-KSA LEAA or his/her designee
- The Curriculum Developer/Master Instructor will report to the ICITAP-KSA Law Enforcement Assistance Attaché (LEAA) and the ICITAP-KSA Assistant Law Enforcement Assistance Attaché (ALEAA)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education, Information and Learning, Adult Learning, Instructional Design, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, or related fields from a US Department of Education accredited institution
- Significant experience in the development and delivery of law enforcement or related curricula
- Strategic planning and programmatic results reporting capabilities as outlined in the Office of Management and Budget's (OMB's) Program Assessment Rating Tool (PART) strategy
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in curriculum design, adult learning principles, and effective assessment strategies
- Knowledge of digital learning tools and the ability to select teaching methods appropriate for industry and audience
- Experience working with subject matter experts (SME) to develop accurate, relevant content, including demonstrated facilitation skills
- Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to receive and incorporate feedback into course material from program leads, subject matter experts, students, and instructors
- Strong ability to manage, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
- Ability to reliably meet project deadlines
- Must work proactively, and have experience in team collaboration and flexibility
- Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures. Knowledge of Arabic a plus.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States without sponsorship. Possession of a valid U.S. Passport.
- Successfully complete medical fit for duty.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government clearance is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- 3-5 years' experience developing technical curriculum and/or 3-5 years' experience as an instructor
- Proven knowledge of international policing models and institution building
- Excellent computer skills including experience with computer-based training software and current E-Learning tools
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.