Job description / Role
As a Team Lead you will be responsible for shift execution and team's supervision and engagement in your area of the Fulfillment Centre.
Along with your manager and with line operators, you'll work closely to ensure that the assigned department is performing in line with the plan and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
A core part of your responsibilities will be to ensure that the team perform efficiently to fulfill customer order while adhering to safety and quality guidelines. This includes taking care of your team and creating an engaging working atmosphere, and addressing barriers faced by line operators throughout the shift and adjusting shift plan to account for any last minute changes.
The right candidate will demonstrate a good sense of ownership, ability to lead by example in all key areas of performance including safety and quality, and ability to develop a subject matter expertise on all operations processes in their assigned department.
- Create and cultivate a safety culture by identifying safety opportunities across your work area
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled per quality guidelines
- Continuously provide critical shift related information to frontline management and operators
- Adjust labor allocation within assigned department throughout the shift per latest plan
- Drive proactive actions as communicated by manager to remove barriers impacting good shift performance
- Engage with support functions and/or other departments to address common issues or needs in key areas of performance e.g. process area readiness, 5S, safety, training
- Support customers' order fulfillment by working directly and on a regular basis on operations tasks within your department
- Deliver coaching and feedback to line operators related to productivity and quality performance, and safe behaviors
- Develop subject matter expertise on all operations processes in assigned department
- A resilient, focused problem solver and self-starter, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
- Fluent user of the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel.
- Strong commitment to employee development, as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence
- Communicating well in the English, verbally and written.
- Experience in Inventory or Quality >1 year
- Strong analytical abilities, including proficient mathematical and data analysis skills
- Proven ability to influence, with varying levels of seniority, within an organisation
- Able to swiftly pick up new software systems and data analysis tools
- Able to develop and generate the query's based on opertions required
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.