Job description / Role
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing technical and expert support in the design and preparation of actions and inclusive delivery of information and communications technology (ICT) within an organisation and making decisions about the ICT systems and infrastructures delivered and utilized.
• Providing technical and expert support to the client and delivery partners (DP) in the fields of physical infrastructure, cabling, masts/antennas, and data centres.
• Coordinating the management of client data and information by implementing and improving software solutions and integrations (for enterprise and engineering technologies).
• Liaising with the client IT to ensure support, problem resolution, and interface management between all parties (including MCIT, suppliers, designers, contractors, operators, etc.) is undertaken effectively, ensuring the operational effectiveness of the applications is provided.
• Working closely with the client IT leadership, directors, and digital and technology director providing consolidated requirements, business needs, definition, and prioritization, for ICT Requests for Information. design/solution changes, updates, and services.
• Providing strong thought leadership on emerging ICT technologies. Identifying and investigating advanced technologies offering to clients significant technical and financial benefits.
• Keeping abreast of current ICT technology, best practices, laws, and standards. Participating in professional organizations; making presentations at meetings and seminars (internal and external). Supporting professional licensing, technical papers in professional publications, and supports accreditations.
• Being responsible for the client's digital and technology ICT requirements, standards, strategies, policies, plans and processes/procedures, and best practices developed during the client establishment process.
• Recommending improvements to client ICT procedures and developing and implementing updates within the area of expertise as needed to client baseline. Oversight of functional managers in updating standards and procedures manuals for the disciplines (from the baseline created at client establishment).
• Supporting clients to define requirements and strategic goals to determine the resources required to achieve them and directing efforts to support the acquisition and retention of those resources.
• Maintaining the budget as presented by the client management. Ensuring performance within the overhead budget.
• Participating in the review of all major proposals and initiatives affecting the digital infrastructure disciplines. Supporting pre-contract and business development efforts as required, serving as a technical consultant. Providing technical consultation to the client management as needed.
• Monitoring the quality and progress of the digital and technology ICT discipline, ensuring that requirements are satisfied. Working closely with the client directors to resolve any existing or forecasted problems related to discipline staffing, quality of work, application performance, updates, or improvement requirements.
• Participating in and promoting quality improvement programs. Audits projects to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and NQA-1 requirements, together with any specified digital and technology standards as defined within the client baseline strategy and best practice developments thereof.
• Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the assigned disciplines. Ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
• Coordinating the department's activity with pertinent external groups, such as regulatory agencies, as necessary.
• Planning and managing the annual salary increase budget within the constraints of corporate policy; approving all salary actions, monitoring actual increases against budget throughout the year; approving hiring/termination recommendations; reviewing and signing annual performance reviews for functional managers. Provides technical training and career development for all department employees.
• Performing other responsibilities, such as participating in corporate working groups, associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• You have a degree in IT or Engineering (or related field), including significant managerial experience of a large group of discipline leads and technical support personnel.
• Professional registration with active professional membership, MBA or related MSc degree is desirable.
• You are strong working knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems Standards.
• Proficiency in analyzing situations in business terms, i.e., ROI, cost per unit, etc. and HS experience also desirable for role.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of IT / Digital Transformation
|Saudi Arabia||14 Jul|
IT Governance & Security Specialist
Senior IT Administrator
A Leading Construction Company in Qatar
Big Fish Recruitment