Job description / Role
As one of our clients in-house Attorneys you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to various departments within the organisation. Your primary focus will be on matters related to commercial and labour law, with a specific emphasis on the legal landscape in Saudi Arabia.
Subsidiary of world leading oil & gas entity based in Khobar.
• Legal Advisory: Offer expert legal guidance to internal stakeholders on a wide range of issues pertaining to commercial and labour law in the oil and gas industry, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and legislation in Saudi Arabia.
• Contract Drafting and Review: Review, draft, and negotiate commercial contracts, agreements, and other legal documents, taking into consideration the unique requirements of the oil and gas sector.
• Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify and assess potential legal risks within the organisation and provide proactive legal solutions to minimise exposure to legal disputes or liabilities.
• Dispute Resolution: Collaborate with internal teams and external legal counsel to manage and resolve legal disputes, including litigation and arbitration, ensuring the company's interests are protected.
• Legal Research and Analysis: Conduct comprehensive legal research and analysis to support decision-making processes and provide guidance on complex legal issues.
• External Relations: Interact with external stakeholders, such as government authorities, regulators, and external legal counsel, representing the company's interests and building positive relationships.
• Competitive, tax- free salary.
• Opportunity to work with world-leading organisation
• Clear path for progression in the company.
• Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent law degree from an accredited institution.
• A minimum of six years of experience practicing law, with a strong background in commercial and labour law.
• In-depth knowledge of the legal framework and regulations pertaining to the oil and gas industry in Saudi Arabia.
• Proven experience in contract drafting, negotiation, and review within the oil and gas sector.
• Familiarity with dispute resolution processes, including litigation and arbitration.
• Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with an ability to provide sound legal advice.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• High ethical standards and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality and protecting sensitive information.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.