This position is closed or expired.
See other Academic jobs
Information Technology Instructor
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
As part of the Laureate Global Network, Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is seeking Computer Instructors for their well-established vocational institutes. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia for the past 3 years with over 100 employees with two institutions in Riyadh and Rabigh (near Jeddah). Our institutes offer a two-year technical diploma program to Saudi males between the ages of 18-23.
The IT Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students various concepts of IT including an introduction to productivity suites of applications such as Microsoft Office and the use of these applications (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.), basic networking, and desktop and laptop hardware. Activities and operations include working with other Institute staff to identify areas of IT knowledge that require improvement within the student body, participating in the development of IT curriculum, coordinating with other IT Instructors to integrate curricula, monitoring computer lab access, and teaching classes with up to 25 students for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
• Teach up to 25 hours of in class instruction per week.
• Maintain positive rapport with all students and create a positive learning environment to adequately communicate lessons.
• Enforce the student management and disciplinary policies of the Institute.
• Act as an advisor outside of class to support students and faculty that require IT training or assistance.
• Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
• Participate in IT curriculum development and planning with other IT Instructors and the General Training Manager.
• Possess a strong knowledge of IT and teaching techniques.
• Highly organized and dependable.
• Excellent computer aptitude and experience with basic teaching technology including interactive whiteboards, projectors, the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), and student information systems.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral form in English
• Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills are required.
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context.
• 3-5 years experience teaching secondary or higher level students required.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred.
• Ability to speak Arabic a plus
About the Company
Laureate International Universities is the world’s largest education provider with over 740,000 students in more than 70 institutions across 29 countries. We are currently hiring new instructors, faculty and staff for its academies within our growing Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia network in KSA.